Rugged qwerty phone???

Contributor

Rugged qwerty phone???

Will At&t ever introduce a rugged QWERTY phone that will stand up to military standards?  Verizon's Casio Brigade is a fine example.  Though I will never switch to verizon, I would like my service provider to be competitive. At this time, I am using a Motorola Tundra... Great phone, but no qwerty capabilities!  I have asked at corporate stores, and they all state AT&T has nothing in the works!  WHY?

Message 1 of 3 (1,191 Views)
Master

Re: Rugged qwerty phone???

Not sure if it is a full ruggedized phone, but the Pantech Crossover has some rugged features to its shell. It is a android smartphone with a full qwerty keyboard. According to the news release, it was supposed to be available on June 5, 2011.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 3 (1,180 Views)
Master

Re: Rugged qwerty phone???

Ann154 wrote:
Not sure if it is a full ruggedized phone, but the Pantech Crossover has some rugged features to its shell. It is a android smartphone with a full qwerty keyboard. According to the news release, it was supposed to be available on June 5, 2011.
That's a great suggestion, Ann154. Not even I knew about the Crossover. Smiley Very Happy To the OP, this looks as rugged and durable of a phone as it can get, even with a QWERTY keyboard. It IS a smartphone, though, which would require you to purchase a data plan if you were to use it. From a link on Engadget, it says... "Don't let the "rugged" talk fool you, though, because it's not technically certified or professionally tested. It may be slightly more durable than any other standard smartphone, but this is not one you'll want to throw against the wall in a fit of fury." http://m.engadget.com/default/article.do?artUrl=http://mobile.engadget.com/2011/06/07/pantech-crosso...

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 3 of 3 (1,172 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.