Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 30, 2010
5:49:29 PM
View profile
Rugby II vs. Tundra

I have been using the Motorola Tundra for over one year.  AT&T recently sent me a Rugby II as a replacement phone after I damaged my Tundra. 

The Tundra is clearly a better phone.  The Rugby II has poor cellular signal reception / penetration into buildings.  In my home and where I work, my cellular signal with my Tundra is all 5 bars. The Rugby II drops to 1-2 bars and sometimes I have no service inside certain buildings.  The other day, I was in a building at my job where the Tundra had all 5 bars and the Rugby II had none - no service.

The Tundra takes larger pictures but some could be clearer.  The Rugby II's snapshot camera takes a clear picture but the picture and the objects in them are too small; the zoom function is poor and there is no zoom and pan function.

Unlke the Rugby II, the Tundra is larger and easier to handle. I did not have any trouble accidentally bumping buttoms. I am sending the Rugby II back and getting another Tundra

I have been using the Motorola Tundra for over one year.  AT&T recently sent me a Rugby II as a replacement phone after I damaged my Tundra. 

The Tundra is clearly a better phone.  The Rugby II has poor cellular signal reception / penetration into buildings.  In my home and where I work, my cellular signal with my Tundra is all 5 bars. The Rugby II drops to 1-2 bars and sometimes I have no service inside certain buildings.  The other day, I was in a building at my job where the Tundra had all 5 bars and the Rugby II had none - no service.

The Tundra takes larger pictures but some could be clearer.  The Rugby II's snapshot camera takes a clear picture but the picture and the objects in them are too small; the zoom function is poor and there is no zoom and pan function.

Unlke the Rugby II, the Tundra is larger and easier to handle. I did not have any trouble accidentally bumping buttoms. I am sending the Rugby II back and getting another Tundra

Rugby II vs. Tundra

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2010 1:21:28 AM
(0)
Contributor

i was wondering about this comparison, i just got the rugby 2 and so far have had trouble with text messages going out, email not signing in properly and phone locking up.these (rugged ) phones are the only ones that have my eye right now but idk

i was wondering about this comparison, i just got the rugby 2 and so far have had trouble with text messages going out, email not signing in properly and phone locking up.these (rugged ) phones are the only ones that have my eye right now but idk

Re: Rugby II vs. Tundra

2 of 3 (1,396 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2010 7:22:58 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Tevman wrote:

The Rugby II fits in the same category as the Tundra. Both are rugged, durable phones.

Based on your post, is it the Tundra that you are wanting to switch back to?

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Tevman wrote:

The Rugby II fits in the same category as the Tundra. Both are rugged, durable phones.

Based on your post, is it the Tundra that you are wanting to switch back to?

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Rugby II vs. Tundra

3 of 3 (1,339 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments