Ask a question

Posted Apr 14, 2011
10:11:33 AM
Rude customer service is shown even on here!

I came here to see if others had some solutions to issues I've had with my service and I cannot believe the rude posts by some who portray themselves at AT&T Employees!  Not only are the CS Reps rude on the phone and in the stores, but they are posting rude posts.  I guess it's a job requirement!

Rude customer service is shown even on here!

20 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(20)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 14, 2011 11:02:10 AM
(0)
Mentor

monzo1969 wrote:

I came here to see if others had some solutions to issues I've had with my service and I cannot believe the rude posts by some who portray themselves at AT&T Employees!  Not only are the CS Reps rude on the phone and in the stores, but they are posting rude posts.  I guess it's a job requirement!

It must be.... Oh wait no, the iPhones are the reason they are ranked low on customer satisfaction survey. 

Re: Rude customer service is shown even on here!

2 of 21 (516 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 14, 2011 11:28:13 AM
(0)
Tutor

I can't speak for the posts on this site but the people I dealt with in teh store were all very helpful. A little on the salesy side though...

3 of 21 (511 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 15, 2011 3:25:06 AM
(0)
Expert

monzo1969 wrote:

interesting, since there are no csr reps here for att, this is a peer to peer forum, the only att presence here is forum moderation.

As mentioned - have ot run into a "rude" csr for att, verison, sprint - they may not do  what I want them to, but they have always been polite. Not getting what you want ot think you deserve does not equate to rude.

4 of 21 (474 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 15, 2011 6:07:46 AM
(0)
Mentor

wingrider01 wrote:

monzo1969 wrote:

Interesting, since there are no csr reps here for ATT, this is a peer to peer forum, the only ATT presence here is forum moderation.

As mentioned - have ot run into a "rude" csr for att, verison, sprint - they may not do  what I want them to, but they have always been polite. Not getting what you want ot think you deserve does not equate to rude.

You are correct not getting what you want or think you deserve equate to rude but AT&T employees are rude.  They are not willing to work with you on solving issues.  They lie about a federal law to try and dupe you into believing what they want you to believe.  The moderators here may not be CRS but they are employees of AT&T and are rude. 

5 of 21 (463 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 15, 2011 2:27:34 PM
(0)
Expert

RSaldivar wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

monzo1969 wrote:

Interesting, since there are no csr reps here for ATT, this is a peer to peer forum, the only ATT presence here is forum moderation.

You are correct not getting what you want or think you deserve equate to rude but AT&T employees are rude.  They are not willing to work with you on solving issues.  They lie about a federal law to try and dupe you into believing what they want you to believe.  The moderators here may not be CRS but they are employees of AT&T and are rude. 

/rofl - moderators are rude for doing their job, that is pretty funny. The rep's that I have dealt with at att, verizon and sprint are all willing to work with you as long as you keep  civil tongue in your mouth and understand that there are limits of what can be done within the confines of corporate policy.

Customer service is a funny thing, you call in and get everythig you want then the serivice is great, call in again and don;t get what you want and the service is putrid, the reps are rude and they lie. 

How exactly do you believe that you where "lied" to regarding federal law?

6 of 21 (437 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 15, 2011 4:50:58 PM
(0)
Mentor

wingrider01 wrote:

RSaldivar wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

monzo1969 wrote:

/rofl - moderators are rude for doing their job, that is pretty funny. The rep's that I have dealt with at att, verizon and sprint are all willing to work with you as long as you keep  civil tongue in your mouth and understand that there are limits of what can be done within the confines of corporate policy.

Customer service is a funny thing, you call in and get everythig you want then the serivice is great, call in again and don;t get what you want and the service is putrid, the reps are rude and they lie. 

How exactly do you believe that you where "lied" to regarding federal law?

I know rotfl..... I'm glad that you have good experiences with the reps but you assume that people don't keep their tonges civil but thats your bad.  Understand the limits??? Really??? The salesperson lies to get you to buy a product and service and after the fact is oh this wasn't explained to you.  Oh too bad there's nothing we can do.  Yeah great customer service.

I know I was lied to.  I have it in writing and i sent it to the FCC.  The FCC confirmed that the information that I was giving was false.  I then sent the information back to the lovely lying reps and ops we apologize that our rep misrepresented the information.  I had a discussion with the rep.  Really????  The reps don't care.  I bet in a million year the rep didn't think I would forward their info the FCC.  

7 of 21 (423 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 15, 2011 5:18:58 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

monzo1969 wrote:

People will say what they like, whether it be polite and friendly or "rude" and straightforward. They have their own freedom of speech, in whichever way they may choose to show it. It may not always be music to your ears, but you can choose to accept or ignore what they have to say.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

8 of 21 (419 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 15, 2011 9:59:23 PM
(0)
Employee
I've never heard of a Rep being rude before. I know hundreds of them and have listened to many of their calls and never once heard the Rep be rude. I guarantee those reps who act rude don't have a job the next day.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

9 of 21 (410 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 15, 2011 11:53:03 PM
(0)
Mentor

I've never heard of a Rep being rude before. I know hundreds of them and have listened to many of their calls and never once heard the Rep be rude. I guarantee those reps who act rude don't have a job the next day.

^ That. I personally have never dealt with a rep that's been out of line with me (except for disconnects, which, I'll be nice and claim it was a hardware issue and they didn't physically hit the 'disconnect' button).
This comment isn't just with AT&T; it's with every other company I have ever dealt with. I don't count wait time, transferring to different departments, etc. since that's not really "being rude". It's frustrating, but it's not really in the definition of "rudeness".

10 of 21 (406 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 18, 2011 12:53:20 PM
(0)
Mentor

Really???  Explain POOR CUSTOMER SATISFACTION SURVEYS.....

It's not only the iPhone customer that are unhappy.  I own and iPhone and I LOVE it.  My issue has NOTHING to do with the iPhone.

11 of 21 (381 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 18, 2011 2:10:27 PM
(0)
Scholar

I've been a customer since 2005 (or maybe early 2006?) and have never had a problem. All reps have always been great, on the phone and in the stores.

12 of 21 (366 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 18, 2011 4:08:24 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

DogDaddy wrote:

I've been a customer since 2005 (or maybe early 2006?) and have never had a problem. All reps have always been great, on the phone and in the stores.

You sound like an overall satisfied customer. Smiley Happy

My experience with Customer Service has been...mixed. While most of the time courteous and helpful, there were some reps in an authorized retailer that I didn't find particularly helpful/contributed well to my situation...

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

13 of 21 (355 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 18, 2011 5:08:37 PM
(0)
Mentor
Still doesn't explain why AT&T has low satisfactory survey. That is a fact. I don't believe that it's the iPhone. I had the 3G and upgraded to the iPhone 4 my husband has the 3GS. No problems.... Very satisfied. It was a the lie from that start of the purchase of my 5 line that the problem came. They were down right rude and not willing to help.

14 of 21 (349 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 18, 2011 5:41:59 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

RSaldivar wrote:
They were down right rude and not willing to help.

I'm glad to hear that you like your iPhone(s). I wish I could have one, but iPhones on prepaid plans are unauthorized. Smiley Sad

Some people are like that - rude and unwilling to help you out. If there are other employees in the store you may have visited, I would speak to them instead, if possible. Chances are that they could be the same kind of person you were originally talking to, but you never know. People actually do vary by location.

If talking on the phone to CS, having a rude/unhelpful rep, end the call and call back afterward to see if another rep can help you out instead. If not, wait another day or so and call back yet again. I know it can be frustrating, but again, people do vary in either a good or bad way. This seems to be the most common thing customers forget; one bad experience with the company, their whole outlook on the company changes. It's amazing how one person/experience can screw a person's view on whole company in a negative way.

15 of 21 (342 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 18, 2011 6:17:25 PM
(0)
Tutor

i have never had rude customer service with at&t on the phone...however they just don't do what they promised to do...i have seen a lot of rude comments from workers on this site though...perhaps they just feel the need to be defensive as many posts are attacking the company they work for - not them.  still rude though Smiley Happy in fact i think it'd be best they didn't even put the disclaimer about their opinions not representing that of at&t - if i were at&t i wouldn't want anyone to know they work for me - b/c a disclaimer doesn't stop others from associating that person with the business they are known to work for...just sayin

16 of 21 (337 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 19, 2011 6:16:06 AM
(0)
Mentor

nottahappycamper wrote:

i have never had rude customer service with at&t on the phone...however they just don't do what they promised to do...i have seen a lot of rude comments from workers on this site though...perhaps they just feel the need to be defensive as many posts are attacking the company they work for - not them.  still rude though Smiley Happy in fact i think it'd be best they didn't even put the disclaimer about their opinions not representing that of at&t - if i were at&t i wouldn't want anyone to know they work for me - b/c a disclaimer doesn't stop others from associating that person with the business they are known to work for...just sayin

Very well said.  I do feel that some employees go on the defensive but it's not the customers fault that what you thought you purchased was not so.  Anyone would be upset.  We're not getting the service for free therefore don't trick customer into buying something that is not what they thought the purchased.  Be honest the network whose motto is "Rethink Possible" is not living up to the motto. 

17 of 21 (323 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 19, 2011 3:16:30 PM
(0)
Expert

I read in another post that you cancelled your ATT service and returned your phone, so your point is?  You are not getting the service for free, or the service at all now. Smiley Surprised

RSaldivar wrote:

Very well said.  I do feel that some employees go on the defensive but it's not the customers fault that what you thought you purchased was not so.  Anyone would be upset.  We're not getting the service for free therefore don't trick customer into buying something that is not what they thought the purchased.  Be honest the network whose motto is "Rethink Possible" is not living up to the motto. 

18 of 21 (297 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 19, 2011 3:39:18 PM
(0)
Mentor
I returned my son's phone. I'm under contract with my iPhone. I have no issue with my iPhone. T-mobile offers what I need for my son. I'm still a customer and I will voice my opinion. If I can prevent other customers from experiencing what I will. Isn't why this forum was created!?!?

19 of 21 (294 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 19, 2011 3:42:15 PM
(0)
Expert

I see, then I misunderstood...thought you had gone to T-mo for all phones. Smiley Wink  Yup, that is what the forum is for...

20 of 21 (292 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 20, 2011 1:26:59 PM
(0)
Professor
Sure hope you get some resolution and dont let mere forum responses hinder you from voicing your experience. If you want to make your message more pubic, logit on AT&T Facebook page. I havent set up a f.b account myself, never needed all the social tools included on myphone, but I may create an accout just to log post there.
Me and My DELL Streak (TED-III)

21 of 21 (201 Views)