Wireless Forums

Posted Sep 5, 2011
12:02:47 AM
View profile
Rollover minutes ripoff after change to family plan drops 5,000 minutes

I had almost 5,000 minutes before I added someone to my plan. I lost them with a change in plan. I switched back to my old plan WITHOUT these
minutes and now the minutes that would have been on my account from last year are being deducted from my rollover account. For example, I have 800 rollover minutes that should be saved this month. But AT&T deducts 759 minutes that I earned last year on an account that had said rollover minutes wiped out in an account change.

That, in my book, is a ripoff!

I had almost 5,000 minutes before I added someone to my plan. I lost them with a change in plan. I switched back to my old plan WITHOUT these
minutes and now the minutes that would have been on my account from last year are being deducted from my rollover account. For example, I have 800 rollover minutes that should be saved this month. But AT&T deducts 759 minutes that I earned last year on an account that had said rollover minutes wiped out in an account change.

14 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(14)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 5, 2011 5:48:25 AM
(0)
Expert

Levit8u wrote:

not a ripoff at all, this is stated in plain english in the tos

Levit8u wrote:

not a ripoff at all, this is stated in plain english in the tos

Re: Rollover minutes ripoff after change to family plan drops 5,000 minutes

2 of 15 (8,193 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 5, 2011 8:17:43 PM
(0)
Guru

The rollover minutes you accumulated were accumulated on your previous plan. If your switching to a new rollover plan they wont transfer over because your switching to a new rollover plan, so you need to accumulate all over again.

Makes total sense to me...

Here maybe this will help you understand a bit better... http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=52371#fbid=dasB9YnF2EL

The rollover minutes you accumulated were accumulated on your previous plan. If your switching to a new rollover plan they wont transfer over because your switching to a new rollover plan, so you need to accumulate all over again.

Makes total sense to me...

Here maybe this will help you understand a bit better... http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=52371#fbid=dasB9YnF2EL

http://forums.att.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/5647i42265AB3AEBCB54D/image-size/original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

3 of 15 (8,179 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 5, 2011 10:54:40 PM
(0)
Edited by scoobydoo on Sep 6, 2011 at 3:47:55 AM

Why is it SO MANY PEOPLE have answers WITHOUT READING the whole comment. [please be courteous] Yes, I lost 5,000 minutes. Therefore LAST YEAR is reset to ZERO!!!  But AT&amp;T remembers the past 12 months as 756, 649, 500, etc. Whereas a startover SHOULD be 0, 0, 0... AT&amp;T is DOUBLE DIPPING AFTER TAKING MY 5,000 and forgot to reset my rollovers to ZERO!!!  So if I am NOW ACCRUING 500 minutes per MONTH NOW, AT&amp;T is deducting 756 from my 500 minutes and not letting me accrue my minutes PER TOC. <br><br>The lesson?  READ before you criticize you friggin' experts!!!!<br><br>IM BEING RIPPED OFF. <br><br>AND SOCIETY HAS TO PAY FOR [please be courteous]

Why is it SO MANY PEOPLE have answers WITHOUT READING the whole comment. [please be courteous] Yes, I lost 5,000 minutes. Therefore LAST YEAR is reset to ZERO!!!  But AT&amp;T remembers the past 12 months as 756, 649, 500, etc. Whereas a startover SHOULD be 0, 0, 0... AT&amp;T is DOUBLE DIPPING AFTER TAKING MY 5,000 and forgot to reset my rollovers to ZERO!!!  So if I am NOW ACCRUING 500 minutes per MONTH NOW, AT&amp;T is deducting 756 from my 500 minutes and not letting me accrue my minutes PER TOC. <br><br>The lesson?  READ before you criticize you friggin' experts!!!!<br><br>IM BEING RIPPED OFF. <br><br>AND SOCIETY HAS TO PAY FOR [please be courteous]

[ Edited ]
4 of 15 (8,171 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 5, 2011 11:30:01 PM
(0)
Employee
rollover minutes to do carry over when choosing a rate plan lower than what you have and whatever rollover minutes you acquired 12 months ago drop off as well
rollover minutes to do carry over when choosing a rate plan lower than what you have and whatever rollover minutes you acquired 12 months ago drop off as well
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 15 (8,169 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 5, 2011 11:39:12 PM
(0)
Doesn't answer the double dip question. READ READ READ. Oh wait! You're overseas and reading from a script!!
Doesn't answer the double dip question. READ READ READ. Oh wait! You're overseas and reading from a script!!

6 of 15 (8,167 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 6, 2011 3:24:54 AM
(0)
Expert

Levit8u wrote:

1. Quote - I lost them with a change in plan.  ANS: - 100 percent you lose any acumulated roll over minutes when you change plans, documented in the terms of service

2. Quote - But AT&T deducts 759 minutes that I earned last year on an account  -  ANS: Again 100 percent correct, roll over minutes expire after 12 months, so yes you did lose 800 minutes from LAST year, again documented in the terms of service

Hey you can always go to another carrier - oh wait, let me look at the script - no other carrier has roll over minutes

If this is not what your comments ar about, try calming down and explaining exactly what this issue is, as your stated on the original, those are the answes.

Levit8u wrote:

1. Quote - I lost them with a change in plan.  ANS: - 100 percent you lose any acumulated roll over minutes when you change plans, documented in the terms of service

2. Quote - But AT&T deducts 759 minutes that I earned last year on an account  -  ANS: Again 100 percent correct, roll over minutes expire after 12 months, so yes you did lose 800 minutes from LAST year, again documented in the terms of service

Hey you can always go to another carrier - oh wait, let me look at the script - no other carrier has roll over minutes

If this is not what your comments ar about, try calming down and explaining exactly what this issue is, as your stated on the original, those are the answes.

7 of 15 (8,161 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 6, 2011 5:42:12 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
How can AT&T deduct minutes that were already taken away? They lost 5,000 minutes, what they had left is now being taken away from rollover minutes that they no longer have. How can they deduct 759 rollover minutes that were taken away when they changed their plan?
How can AT&T deduct minutes that were already taken away? They lost 5,000 minutes, what they had left is now being taken away from rollover minutes that they no longer have. How can they deduct 759 rollover minutes that were taken away when they changed their plan?
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

8 of 15 (8,151 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 6, 2011 7:48:25 AM
(0)
Expert
Edited by wingrider01 on Sep 6, 2011 at 7:50:24 AM

kdfederer wrote:

don;t see anywhere where he states he lost them all... if I recall correctly you lose them to the new plan level, the whole thing is a little vague, not enough details. Bottom line - if you change plans you lose roll oer minutes, roll over minutes expire after 12 months - both of these are documented

kdfederer wrote:

don;t see anywhere where he states he lost them all... if I recall correctly you lose them to the new plan level, the whole thing is a little vague, not enough details. Bottom line - if you change plans you lose roll oer minutes, roll over minutes expire after 12 months - both of these are documented

[ Edited ]
9 of 15 (8,147 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 6, 2011 7:59:38 AM
(0)

Why don't you people listen and why are AT&T people so stoopid [sic]? The script comment, really? 

So I called AT&T and they gave me back my minutes because they acknowledge the shell game...

To all you other Id-e-uts [sic], I will look into Verizon and hope that AT&T loses more long term customers...and yes, I was an AT&T employee once, but the customer service aspect was a major part of my job and had I responded like you, I would have been fired.

Hope it happens to you and you become part of the 9.1%

Why don't you people listen and why are AT&T people so stoopid [sic]? The script comment, really? 

So I called AT&T and they gave me back my minutes because they acknowledge the shell game...

To all you other Id-e-uts [sic], I will look into Verizon and hope that AT&T loses more long term customers...and yes, I was an AT&T employee once, but the customer service aspect was a major part of my job and had I responded like you, I would have been fired.

Hope it happens to you and you become part of the 9.1%

10 of 15 (8,143 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 6, 2011 9:39:13 AM
(0)
Employee

Ok, thanks. They were trying to help.

Ok, thanks. They were trying to help.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

11 of 15 (7,377 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 6, 2011 11:04:14 PM
(0)
Guru

Well at least you can calm down a bit now. Oh and I don't appreciate your PM with insulting comments. Everyone was just trying to help explain.

Well at least you can calm down a bit now. Oh and I don't appreciate your PM with insulting comments. Everyone was just trying to help explain.

http://forums.att.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/5647i42265AB3AEBCB54D/image-size/original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

12 of 15 (7,365 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 7, 2011 3:50:49 PM
(0)
Teacher

I figured out the loss of rollover minutes when I had to change family plans.  I knew it was going to happen when I was researching which plan I was going to move to.  Not sure how retaining me as a customer isn't a good business practice.  

I figured out the loss of rollover minutes when I had to change family plans.  I knew it was going to happen when I was researching which plan I was going to move to.  Not sure how retaining me as a customer isn't a good business practice.  

13 of 15 (7,351 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 12, 2011 12:54:48 PM
(0)
Professor
Looks like youve found the cause. Any time you adjust your plan and if it is less minutes than t he plan you had before, your rollover adjusts according to that new package plan. Alot dont realize making changes does this and adjusts your upgrade date. Need to keep in mind all the facets of an account when something as simple as changing your minutes effects other areas of the account.
Looks like youve found the cause. Any time you adjust your plan and if it is less minutes than t he plan you had before, your rollover adjusts according to that new package plan. Alot dont realize making changes does this and adjusts your upgrade date. Need to keep in mind all the facets of an account when something as simple as changing your minutes effects other areas of the account.
Me and My DELL Streak (TED-III)

14 of 15 (7,334 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 13, 2011 6:21:37 PM
(0)
Employee
You never actually lose all of your rollover at once. When it reaches a year, if there are rollover minutes left from that billing period one year ago, then those are expired and replaced with the minutes from the current cycle. You would only lose all of them if you had them all added in one month and then never added any more rollover minutes for the next 11 months, then if you didn't use them by the end of month 12, they would all expire. Also when you use rollover minutes, att always takes the oldest minutes first, so you have every chance to use them before they expire
You never actually lose all of your rollover at once. When it reaches a year, if there are rollover minutes left from that billing period one year ago, then those are expired and replaced with the minutes from the current cycle. You would only lose all of them if you had them all added in one month and then never added any more rollover minutes for the next 11 months, then if you didn't use them by the end of month 12, they would all expire. Also when you use rollover minutes, att always takes the oldest minutes first, so you have every chance to use them before they expire

15 of 15 (7,318 Views)