Ringtones?

Teacher

Ringtones?

Now that I've forced the Mango Update to my Focus, are there any sites where I can  find ringtones? *Free, if possible*, as I can't afford to buy any.

Message 1 of 24 (795 Views)
Professor

Re: Ringtones?

Dcookie wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

Dcookie wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

NWFocusUser wrote:

Now that I've forced the Mango Update to my Focus, are there any sites where I can  find ringtones? *Free, if possible*, as I can't afford to buy any.

there are numerous ways of creating your own ringtones you just need to split off a small section of a mp3 file then load it to zone and sync the phone

As far as "free" ringtones - they really do not exist on the net, a lot of sites that offer them have a auto agreement to a subscription fee that is billed to your phone.

wingrider, I have 3 FREE sites that I use for ringtones and have NEVER gotten hit with ANY auto agreement to a subscription and NOTHING billed to my phone. You just have to know what NOT to click on. If the OP is interested, send me a PM. 

takes about 40 seconds to make a ringtone, willing to bet that none of your sites have the ringtones that I prefer.  firm believe in TANSTAAFL - those sites are not doing it out of the goodness of their heart, bandwidth and webspace are not free - they are getting something from you using it.

To each his/her own, I suppose. I've had no problem using those sites. I'd make my own IF I had a smartphone, but at the moment, I don't. I'm usually able to find what I'm looking for. Smiley Wink

Professor DCookie! when you are ready to move over to the Wonderful World of Smartphones!  Lets DO discuss all the neat new toys out there!  Maybe we can let this be one of our "Around the Booth" topic of discussion down at R.A.D.A.R.S. CAFE!

Message 16 of 24 (591 Views)
Teacher

Pardon my not knowing, but how does one send a PM through here? Thanks in advance.

Message 17 of 24 (577 Views)
Teacher

I found how. Lol.
Message 18 of 24 (573 Views)
Scholar

NWFocusUser wrote:

Acccckkkkkkkk!!!!! This looks confusing as all get-out. I can already tell I'm gonna need help with it.

It looks more complicated than it is.

Someone posted how to do it a while back.

http://forums.att.com/t5/Ring-Tones/All-Models-Tutorial-Make-Your-Own-FREE-Ringtones/m-p/1738379/hig...

Was a couple of years ago so there may be slight changes due to programs updates but the basic use should be the same.

Message 19 of 24 (564 Views)
Guru

Now in WM marketplace, new app: "Free Ringtones".
Has hundreds. Download and then save to phone. Automatically shows up as a ringtone.
Message 20 of 24 (534 Views)
Teacher

I always make ringtones on my desktop and then move them to my phone.  Chances are you may already have a music program on your computer that can make ringtones.  If not you can probably download one.  I just spent a few hours the other night shortening up my old ringtones (to less than 300kb) so my new "smart" phone could handle them.  Smiley Sad  When I was done I plugged in the new phone and copied them to the phone.

Message 21 of 24 (531 Views)
Teacher

I would love to know where to find this app in the Marketplace?  My daughter and I cannot find any app for Free Ringtones. 

We have a site we go to for ringtones, but how come we cannot download any of them to the Focus?  My daughter loves the phone, but is frustrated because she cannot get any ringtones for it.

Message 22 of 24 (524 Views)
Expert

GoldenCA wrote:

I would love to know where to find this app in the Marketplace?  My daughter and I cannot find any app for Free Ringtones. 

We have a site we go to for ringtones, but how come we cannot download any of them to the Focus?  My daughter loves the phone, but is frustrated because she cannot get any ringtones for it.

from what I can see ringtones are loaded through Zune, not directly to the phone.

Message 23 of 24 (518 Views)
Highlighted
Guru

[ Edited ]

Go to MarketPlace on your phone. (you can use any of the other market apps as well)

Go to search and enter Free Ringtones.

Download it.

Then you can chose genre and select your ring tones.

All done on the Focus. No need to connect to PC and utilize Zune.

Message 24 of 24 (513 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.