Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 13, 2011
9:30:00 PM
Ringtones?

Now that I've forced the Mango Update to my Focus, are there any sites where I can  find ringtones? *Free, if possible*, as I can't afford to buy any.

Now that I've forced the Mango Update to my Focus, are there any sites where I can  find ringtones? *Free, if possible*, as I can't afford to buy any.

Ringtones?

23 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(23)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2011 3:46:05 AM
(0)
Expert

NWFocusUser wrote:

there are numerous ways of creating your own ringtones you just need to split off a small section of a mp3 file then load it to zone and sync the phone

As far as "free" ringtones - they really do not exist on the net, a lot of sites that offer them have a auto agreement to a subscription fee that is billed to your phone.

NWFocusUser wrote:

there are numerous ways of creating your own ringtones you just need to split off a small section of a mp3 file then load it to zone and sync the phone

As far as "free" ringtones - they really do not exist on the net, a lot of sites that offer them have a auto agreement to a subscription fee that is billed to your phone.

Re: Ringtones?

2 of 24 (467 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2011 10:37:54 AM
(0)
Guru
Edited by prubin on Oct 14, 2011 at 10:39:50 AM

1 - http://mobilitydigest.com/easyring-is-well-easy/
2 - Windows Phone Insider App Now Offers Free Ringtones (reviews.cnet.com/windows-7-insider)

1 - http://mobilitydigest.com/easyring-is-well-easy/
2 - Windows Phone Insider App Now Offers Free Ringtones (reviews.cnet.com/windows-7-insider)

[ Edited ]
3 of 24 (451 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2011 1:03:48 PM
(0)
Teacher
What's a good program/app to use to make my own? It would probably be easier to make my own.
What's a good program/app to use to make my own? It would probably be easier to make my own.

4 of 24 (443 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2011 1:05:14 PM
(0)
Teacher

wingrider01 wrote:

NWFocusUser wrote:

What would be a good app to use to make my own? I have lots of music downloaded, and would probably be easier to make my own.

wingrider01 wrote:

NWFocusUser wrote:

What would be a good app to use to make my own? I have lots of music downloaded, and would probably be easier to make my own.

5 of 24 (442 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2011 5:34:49 PM
(0)
Expert

NWFocusUser wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

NWFocusUser wrote:

Out of the country on my laptop at the moment, I have it installed on my desktop at home when I get back will post it on the thread. It is a freeware program and fairly easy to use

NWFocusUser wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

NWFocusUser wrote:

Out of the country on my laptop at the moment, I have it installed on my desktop at home when I get back will post it on the thread. It is a freeware program and fairly easy to use

6 of 24 (431 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2011 1:16:48 AM
(0)
Teacher

wingrider01 wrote:

NWFocusUser wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

NWFocusUser wrote:

Awesome. I can't wait to get some decent ringtones. Lol.

wingrider01 wrote:

NWFocusUser wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

NWFocusUser wrote:

Awesome. I can't wait to get some decent ringtones. Lol.

7 of 24 (424 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2011 8:14:34 AM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by La-La on Oct 15, 2011 at 8:15:24 AM

I've used Audacity for years.  Works like a charm.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

[ Edited ]
8 of 24 (416 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2011 10:51:21 AM
(0)
Expert

La-La wrote:

that is it - works great, just make sure you stay withing the restrictions - if I recall it is less then a meg and drm free

La-La wrote:

that is it - works great, just make sure you stay withing the restrictions - if I recall it is less then a meg and drm free

9 of 24 (407 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2011 2:09:23 PM
(0)
Teacher

Acccckkkkkkkk!!!!! This looks confusing as all get-out. I can already tell I'm gonna need help with it.

Acccckkkkkkkk!!!!! This looks confusing as all get-out. I can already tell I'm gonna need help with it.

10 of 24 (403 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 16, 2011 5:21:39 AM
(0)
Expert

wingrider01 wrote:

NWFocusUser wrote:

wingrider, I have 3 FREE sites that I use for ringtones and have NEVER gotten hit with ANY auto agreement to a subscription and NOTHING billed to my phone. You just have to know what NOT to click on. If the OP is interested, send me a PM. 

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

wingrider01 wrote:

NWFocusUser wrote:

wingrider, I have 3 FREE sites that I use for ringtones and have NEVER gotten hit with ANY auto agreement to a subscription and NOTHING billed to my phone. You just have to know what NOT to click on. If the OP is interested, send me a PM. 

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

11 of 24 (290 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 16, 2011 5:25:34 AM
(0)
Expert

NWFocusUser wrote:

As I've said to wingrider, there are 3 sites that I use for FREE ringtones. I have never been hit with a hidden subscription or has anything EVER been charged to my phone bill. You just have to know what NOT to click on when you go to these sites. If you'd like to hear more, just PM me. Smiley Happy

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

NWFocusUser wrote:

As I've said to wingrider, there are 3 sites that I use for FREE ringtones. I have never been hit with a hidden subscription or has anything EVER been charged to my phone bill. You just have to know what NOT to click on when you go to these sites. If you'd like to hear more, just PM me. Smiley Happy

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

12 of 24 (290 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 16, 2011 7:53:03 AM
(0)
Expert

Dcookie wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

NWFocusUser wrote:

takes about 40 seconds to make a ringtone, willing to bet that none of your sites have the ringtones that I prefer.  firm believe in TANSTAAFL - those sites are not doing it out of the goodness of their heart, bandwidth and webspace are not free - they are getting something from you using it.

Dcookie wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

NWFocusUser wrote:

takes about 40 seconds to make a ringtone, willing to bet that none of your sites have the ringtones that I prefer.  firm believe in TANSTAAFL - those sites are not doing it out of the goodness of their heart, bandwidth and webspace are not free - they are getting something from you using it.

13 of 24 (286 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 16, 2011 7:58:51 AM
(0)
Expert

wingrider01 wrote:

Dcookie wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

NWFocusUser wrote:

To each his/her own, I suppose. I've had no problem using those sites. I'd make my own IF I had a smartphone, but at the moment, I don't. I'm usually able to find what I'm looking for. Smiley Wink

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

wingrider01 wrote:

Dcookie wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

NWFocusUser wrote:

To each his/her own, I suppose. I've had no problem using those sites. I'd make my own IF I had a smartphone, but at the moment, I don't. I'm usually able to find what I'm looking for. Smiley Wink

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

14 of 24 (284 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 16, 2011 9:12:51 AM
(0)
Professor
Edited by RicoLX on Oct 16, 2011 at 9:25:44 AM

NWFocusUser wrote:

NWFocusUser:

Using an online ringtone maker site is a good option for your device but personally I get leary entering my cellphone number some sites.  I am guessing the Focus doesnt have an installable app to let you create custom ringtones from right on your phone?

I wish the Focus was an android device. If so, it would have been so easy for you to install an app onto your device and make ringtones to your heart's content out of any mp3 that you have saved on your phone.

I use Ringdroid where you grab an mp3, select  the start and stop points from the mp3 , saving it as a ringtone!  Androids are so customizable right out of the box.

NWFocusUser wrote:

NWFocusUser:

Using an online ringtone maker site is a good option for your device but personally I get leary entering my cellphone number some sites.  I am guessing the Focus doesnt have an installable app to let you create custom ringtones from right on your phone?

I wish the Focus was an android device. If so, it would have been so easy for you to install an app onto your device and make ringtones to your heart's content out of any mp3 that you have saved on your phone.

I use Ringdroid where you grab an mp3, select  the start and stop points from the mp3 , saving it as a ringtone!  Androids are so customizable right out of the box.

Me and My DELL Streak (TED-III)

[ Edited ]
15 of 24 (278 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 16, 2011 9:32:22 AM
(0)
Professor

Dcookie wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

Dcookie wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

NWFocusUser wrote:

Professor DCookie! when you are ready to move over to the Wonderful World of Smartphones!  Lets DO discuss all the neat new toys out there!  Maybe we can let this be one of our "Around the Booth" topic of discussion down at R.A.D.A.R.S. CAFE!

Dcookie wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

Dcookie wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

NWFocusUser wrote:

Professor DCookie! when you are ready to move over to the Wonderful World of Smartphones!  Lets DO discuss all the neat new toys out there!  Maybe we can let this be one of our "Around the Booth" topic of discussion down at R.A.D.A.R.S. CAFE!

Me and My DELL Streak (TED-III)

16 of 24 (274 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 16, 2011 12:39:35 PM
(0)
Teacher

Pardon my not knowing, but how does one send a PM through here? Thanks in advance.

Pardon my not knowing, but how does one send a PM through here? Thanks in advance.

17 of 24 (260 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 16, 2011 1:09:14 PM
(0)
Teacher
I found how. Lol.
I found how. Lol.

18 of 24 (256 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 16, 2011 1:48:30 PM
(0)
Scholar

NWFocusUser wrote:

It looks more complicated than it is.

Someone posted how to do it a while back.

http://forums.att.com/t5/Ring-Tones/All-Models-Tutorial-Make-Your-Own-FREE-Ringtones/m-p/1738379/hig...

Was a couple of years ago so there may be slight changes due to programs updates but the basic use should be the same.

NWFocusUser wrote:

It looks more complicated than it is.

Someone posted how to do it a while back.

http://forums.att.com/t5/Ring-Tones/All-Models-Tutorial-Make-Your-Own-FREE-Ringtones/m-p/1738379/highlight/true#M14945

Was a couple of years ago so there may be slight changes due to programs updates but the basic use should be the same.

19 of 24 (247 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 23, 2011 4:26:27 AM
(0)
Guru
Now in WM marketplace, new app: "Free Ringtones".
Has hundreds. Download and then save to phone. Automatically shows up as a ringtone.
Now in WM marketplace, new app: "Free Ringtones".
Has hundreds. Download and then save to phone. Automatically shows up as a ringtone.

20 of 24 (217 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 23, 2011 8:09:31 AM
(0)
Teacher

I always make ringtones on my desktop and then move them to my phone.  Chances are you may already have a music program on your computer that can make ringtones.  If not you can probably download one.  I just spent a few hours the other night shortening up my old ringtones (to less than 300kb) so my new "smart" phone could handle them.  Smiley Sad  When I was done I plugged in the new phone and copied them to the phone.

I always make ringtones on my desktop and then move them to my phone.  Chances are you may already have a music program on your computer that can make ringtones.  If not you can probably download one.  I just spent a few hours the other night shortening up my old ringtones (to less than 300kb) so my new "smart" phone could handle them.  Smiley Sad  When I was done I plugged in the new phone and copied them to the phone.

21 of 24 (214 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 23, 2011 1:45:51 PM
(0)
Teacher

I would love to know where to find this app in the Marketplace?  My daughter and I cannot find any app for Free Ringtones. 

We have a site we go to for ringtones, but how come we cannot download any of them to the Focus?  My daughter loves the phone, but is frustrated because she cannot get any ringtones for it.

I would love to know where to find this app in the Marketplace?  My daughter and I cannot find any app for Free Ringtones. 

We have a site we go to for ringtones, but how come we cannot download any of them to the Focus?  My daughter loves the phone, but is frustrated because she cannot get any ringtones for it.

22 of 24 (207 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 23, 2011 2:20:46 PM
(0)
Expert

GoldenCA wrote:

from what I can see ringtones are loaded through Zune, not directly to the phone.

GoldenCA wrote:

from what I can see ringtones are loaded through Zune, not directly to the phone.

23 of 24 (201 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 23, 2011 4:21:49 PM
(0)
Guru
Edited by prubin on Oct 23, 2011 at 4:22:51 PM

Go to MarketPlace on your phone. (you can use any of the other market apps as well)

Go to search and enter Free Ringtones.

Download it.

Then you can chose genre and select your ring tones.

All done on the Focus. No need to connect to PC and utilize Zune.

Go to MarketPlace on your phone. (you can use any of the other market apps as well)

Go to search and enter Free Ringtones.

Download it.

Then you can chose genre and select your ring tones.

All done on the Focus. No need to connect to PC and utilize Zune.

[ Edited ]
24 of 24 (196 Views)