Posted Sep 25, 2011
5:19:08 PM
Ringtones for Pantech Crossover P8000

I would like to download some more distintive ringtones for my Pantech Crossover P8000 and I'm confused about rather or not that can be done with this phone. 

Can I use downloaded Ringtones?

How can I tell which Ringtones will be compatible with the Crossover?

Any suggestions?  Thanks much

JDC

Ringtones for Pantech Crossover P8000

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2011 5:50:04 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by Wild Banchi on Sep 25, 2011 at 5:51:50 PM

JD Curtis wrote:

I would like to download some more distintive ringtones for my Pantech Crossover P8000 and I'm confused about rather or not that can be done with this phone. 

Can I use downloaded Ringtones?

How can I tell which Ringtones will be compatible with the Crossover?

Any suggestions?  Thanks much

JDC

You may use downloaded ringtones. Which type of tones did you have in mind? Tones such as music/songs, melodies, traditional telephone rings, etc.?

Because the Crossover is an Android phone, you can download ringtones from websites and they will be saved to the phone's SD card, for which then you can use them as a ringtone. For example, on my Android phone, I downloaded some ringtones from a website called crackberry.com. Those were some cool ones. I also have a music application installed on my phone that I downloaded a few songs from, saved them to my phone's SD card, and made them available as ringtones.

As for the file formats, I'm not quite sure about that...I would say that most files would be able to be downloaded by your phone.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Ringtones for Pantech Crossover P8000

[ Edited ]
2 of 3 (5,894 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 4, 2011 11:07:56 PM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by EnkryptedSpirit on Oct 4, 2011 at 11:09:55 PM

Hi, I found this thread to be helpful..actually one I started. I was helped by Ann154(Kudos!)

Check this thread out for info:

http://forums.att.com/t5/Pantech/Custom-SMS-Tones-for-Pantech-Crossover-8000/td-p/2881771

Also if your a little savvy, you can use the Pantech Pc Sync Suite software to transfer over rintones to the directories mentioned in that thread. You can use a free audio editor like audacity to clip your ringtones and notification tones into 30sec (300kb) clips. You can use mp3 format as well for this. Audacity will probably ask you for an mp3 encoder dll which you can get from here: http://lame1.buanzo.com.ar/Lame_v3.98.3_for_Audacity_on_Windows.exe

Hope this helps :smileyhappy:

P.S. Another good program to have is Astro File Manager to help create, copy and delete directories on your android Pantech. You can find it via the android market for free

Re: Ringtones for Pantech Crossover P8000

[ Edited ]
3 of 3 (5,762 Views)