Wireless Forums

Posted Dec 2, 2011
5:14:09 PM
View profile
Ringback Tones NOT available for LTE plan customers?

Since I got my new phone, the Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket, my ringback tones feature was disabled. I just noticed it and called in and apparently you cannot have ringback tones when you have an LTE data plan...?

Does this make sense?

Maria

Since I got my new phone, the Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket, my ringback tones feature was disabled. I just noticed it and called in and apparently you cannot have ringback tones when you have an LTE data plan...?

Does this make sense?

Maria

~Maria Sent via Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket

Ringback Tones NOT available for LTE plan customers?

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 5, 2011 2:38:03 AM
(0)
Explorer
Edited by CrypticDweller on Dec 5, 2011 at 2:47:59 AM

Bump

I have it on my plan still, however my answer tones don't work. When I try to access my answer tones on the AT&T site, it says an error occured. I tried to download the app to manage them, and it says my phone is not compatible. I am still however still paying for it, and I did renew my tones just before I upgraded my phone.

Bump

I have it on my plan still, however my answer tones don't work. When I try to access my answer tones on the AT&T site, it says an error occured. I tried to download the app to manage them, and it says my phone is not compatible. I am still however still paying for it, and I did renew my tones just before I upgraded my phone.

Re: Ringback Tones NOT available for LTE plan customers?

[ Edited ]
2 of 6 (1,950 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 25, 2011 11:19:49 AM
(0)
Contributor

this sucks i already have purchased ringbacks . i didnt see any warning or information on informing me that they do not work on lte phones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the only thing i seen was it could take up to 24 hours for it to activate for first time users . !!!! they need to fix this or dont bill me !!

this sucks i already have purchased ringbacks . i didnt see any warning or information on informing me that they do not work on lte phones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the only thing i seen was it could take up to 24 hours for it to activate for first time users . !!!! they need to fix this or dont bill me !!

3 of 6 (1,846 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 12, 2012 4:11:36 AM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by Taylarie on Jan 12, 2012 at 5:28:33 AM

If it really is a technical issue you should insist on getting your money back. I don't see why it should not work with your phone, though. Maybe try anothe ringback provider,[3rd party link removed per Guidelines]worked fine for me.

If it really is a technical issue you should insist on getting your money back. I don't see why it should not work with your phone, though. Maybe try anothe ringback provider,[3rd party link removed per Guidelines]worked fine for me.

[ Edited ]
4 of 6 (1,750 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 20, 2012 2:56:33 PM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by CeliaHolliday on Feb 20, 2012 at 2:57:36 PM

No it does NOT make sense! They should not charge full price for this. I use ringbacks for my business and was not made aware of this until after I purchased the phone. I love the phone in white and other capabilities but the ringbacks were very important for my business profile!

No it does NOT make sense! They should not charge full price for this. I use ringbacks for my business and was not made aware of this until after I purchased the phone. I love the phone in white and other capabilities but the ringbacks were very important for my business profile!

[ Edited ]
5 of 6 (1,641 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 22, 2012 8:31:26 AM
(0)
Employee

I understand your frustration. It does suck that the ringback tones do not function with the lte devices at this time. If you would like to keep using your ringback tones you are more than welcome to change back to a non-lte device. You have to understand that there is always going to be issues with not only service but with the way products work. The way the lte network is designed the ringback tones do not function correctly with it. The main focus of the network is to get it up and running and make sure it is working for all. Please give it time and hopefully AT&T will have it up and running for not just yours but everyone lte devices. Thank you

“I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.”

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

I understand your frustration. It does suck that the ringback tones do not function with the lte devices at this time. If you would like to keep using your ringback tones you are more than welcome to change back to a non-lte device. You have to understand that there is always going to be issues with not only service but with the way products work. The way the lte network is designed the ringback tones do not function correctly with it. The main focus of the network is to get it up and running and make sure it is working for all. Please give it time and hopefully AT&T will have it up and running for not just yours but everyone lte devices. Thank you

“I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.”

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

6 of 6 (1,351 Views)