Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 31, 2010
7:49:00 AM
View profile
Ringback Tones NO LONGER Supported by AT&T - WHY?
Edited by pamelaz on Dec 31, 2010 at 8:38:55 AM

I am an iPhone 4 user who is very unhappy that AT&T is not supporting ringback (caller to my phone hears music while waiting for me to answer) tones and have been trying to find out WHY?  Ringback tones are services that the CARRIER provides, not the manufacturer of the phone.  I paid $1.99 to AT&T for service, with a initial charge for ringback tone and until recently had no complaints so I know that it CAN be done, because IT WAS being done.  Anyone have an answer as to What the {word filter evasion}?

I am an iPhone 4 user who is very unhappy that AT&T is not supporting ringback (caller to my phone hears music while waiting for me to answer) tones and have been trying to find out WHY?  Ringback tones are services that the CARRIER provides, not the manufacturer of the phone.  I paid $1.99 to AT&T for service, with a initial charge for ringback tone and until recently had no complaints so I know that it CAN be done, because IT WAS being done.  Anyone have an answer as to What the {word filter evasion}?

Ringback Tones NO LONGER Supported by AT&T - WHY?

[ Edited ]
5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 31, 2010 8:23:19 AM
(0)
Master

This is a customer forum and like you we are all customers.  Have you called customer service?

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

For hearing or speech impaired: 1-866-241-6567

After hours Support:. 1-866-801-3600

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

This is a customer forum and like you we are all customers.  Have you called customer service?

For hearing or speech impaired: 1-866-241-6567

After hours Support:. 1-866-801-3600

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Re: Ringback Tones NO LONGER Supported by AT&T - WHY?

2 of 6 (3,896 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 31, 2010 8:43:01 AM
(0)
Professor

LiveLife4Me69 wrote:

I have it, its called "AnswerTones" now. And I have a iPhone 4, its still working.

LiveLife4Me69 wrote:

I have it, its called "AnswerTones" now. And I have a iPhone 4, its still working.

3 of 6 (3,884 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 31, 2010 8:13:24 PM
(0)
Guru

Like UNSC_Reach I use Answer Tones and they are all working fine for me.

Like UNSC_Reach I use Answer Tones and they are all working fine for me.

4 of 6 (3,763 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 31, 2010 9:35:50 PM
(0)
Professor

how do you do this? i want a Answer tone. my wife has a answer tone for her Iphone 3GS it works fine.

how do you do this? i want a Answer tone. my wife has a answer tone for her Iphone 3GS it works fine.

hello!!!

5 of 6 (3,751 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 1, 2011 10:02:19 PM
(0)
Guru

i got rid of my answer tone when i got my first iphone (3g) 
At that time you couldn't manage them at all so i got rid of it.

In all honesty i havent called anyone who actually still has them anymore...

i got rid of my answer tone when i got my first iphone (3g) 
At that time you couldn't manage them at all so i got rid of it.

In all honesty i havent called anyone who actually still has them anymore...

6 of 6 (3,661 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments