Ringback Tones NO LONGER Supported by AT&T - WHY?

Contributor

Ringback Tones NO LONGER Supported by AT&T - WHY?

I am an iPhone 4 user who is very unhappy that AT&T is not supporting ringback (caller to my phone hears music while waiting for me to answer) tones and have been trying to find out WHY?  Ringback tones are services that the CARRIER provides, not the manufacturer of the phone.  I paid $1.99 to AT&T for service, with a initial charge for ringback tone and until recently had no complaints so I know that it CAN be done, because IT WAS being done.  Anyone have an answer as to What the {word filter evasion}?

Message 1 of 6
Master

Re: Ringback Tones NO LONGER Supported by AT&T - WHY?

This is a customer forum and like you we are all customers.  Have you called customer service?

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

For hearing or speech impaired: 1-866-241-6567

After hours Support:. 1-866-801-3600

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 2 of 6
Professor

LiveLife4Me69 wrote:

I am an iPhone 4 user who is very unhappy that AT&T is not supporting ringback (caller to my phone hears music while waiting for me to answer) tones and have been trying to find out WHY?  Ringback tones are services that the CARRIER provides, not the manufacturer of the phone.  I paid $1.99 to AT&T for service, with a initial charge for ringback tone and until recently had no complaints so I know that it CAN be done, because IT WAS being done.  Anyone have an answer as to What the {word filter evasion}?

I have it, its called "AnswerTones" now. And I have a iPhone 4, its still working.

Message 3 of 6
Guru

Like UNSC_Reach I use Answer Tones and they are all working fine for me.

Message 4 of 6
Professor

how do you do this? i want a Answer tone. my wife has a answer tone for her Iphone 3GS it works fine.

Message 5 of 6
Guru

i got rid of my answer tone when i got my first iphone (3g) 
At that time you couldn't manage them at all so i got rid of it.

In all honesty i havent called anyone who actually still has them anymore...

Message 6 of 6
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support