Returning a phone

Scholar

Returning a phone

I purchased a pantech ease on 7/10 (?). Used it for a week, decided I did not like it. I called Customer Service, they just said to pack everything up, phone must be in very good shape, put sales receipt in box, seal, then place shipping slip on box. Someone (#3)  I spoke with today, (after being 1 hr on the phone with ATT) told me I should have received an e-mail from ATT confirming the above. I've received nothing from ATT. With my luck, the phone will end up missing, I tried to put insurance on it, but i couldnt because of the address it was being shipped to. I am a nervous wreck I'll be out of my $$$! What happens if my nightmare comes true?

Thanks,

Claire

Message 1 of 5
Former Employee

Re: Returning a phone

Just take it to the store.

Message 2 of 5
Scholar

I did take it to the corp. store. Said I could not return it there for refund. Had to mail it back. Did enclose receipt and copied RMA #.

Message 3 of 5
Former Employee

Than it wasn't a corporate store, or if you're 100 sure it was, take it back and show them this:

AT&T Returns Policy & Early Termination Fee

AT&T values our relationship with you and offers a return policy for equipment and services purchased directly from AT&T. Our return policy does not reflect the policies of AT&T's authorized dealers or retailers.

Equipment
If the equipment you purchased directly from AT&T does not meet your expectations, you may return or exchange it at any AT&T owned retail store within 30 days from the date the equipment was purchased or shipped. Equipment purchased from att.com/wireless or directly from AT&T over the phone may also be returned by mail. If returning your equipment to AT&T by mail, please retain a copy of the tracking number from the shipping carrier for your records. Depending on the reason for the return, return shipping charges may apply.

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/legal/return-policy.jsp )

Message 4 of 5
Master

drumn_bass wrote:

Than it wasn't a corporate store, or if you're 100 sure it was, take it back and show them this:

AT&T Returns Policy & Early Termination Fee

AT&T values our relationship with you and offers a return policy for equipment and services purchased directly from AT&T. Our return policy does not reflect the policies of AT&T's authorized dealers or retailers.

Equipment
If the equipment you purchased directly from AT&T does not meet your expectations, you may return or exchange it at any AT&T owned retail store within 30 days from the date the equipment was purchased or shipped. Equipment purchased from att.com/wireless or directly from AT&T over the phone may also be returned by mail. If returning your equipment to AT&T by mail, please retain a copy of the tracking number from the shipping carrier for your records. Depending on the reason for the return, return shipping charges may apply.

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/legal/return-policy.jsp )

The information stated above is completely correct. Kudos, drumn_bass. Smiley Happy

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support