Returning Rooted HTC One because of battery issues?

Teacher

Returning Rooted HTC One because of battery issues?

So my HTC One is rooted and running a custom ROM and Kernel. I'm willing to go fully back to stock if:

1. My Battery Life improves

2. I get software updates again

3. Android 4.3 came out for HTC One ATT

I want to return my phone because I get terrible battery life. Not even a full day will it last. I have to turn beats audio off. Not play any games, Not watch any videos for it to barely last till 9PM.

I was wondering if they will allow me to return my phone?  I'm out of the 30 days return policy but I just want it to be exchanged.

also can they can exchange my phone can I give them my black phone and get the silver one instead?

Finally can I go to a ATT store and do this within that day. Or do I have to ship my phone? If i have to ship my phone how long will it take?

Message 1 of 4
Teacher

Re: Returning Rooted HTC One because of battery issues?

anyone?

Message 2 of 4
Mentor

rooting voids warranty and you might have a tough 1 here?
Message 3 of 4
Professor

radsherwin wrote:

So my HTC One is rooted and running a custom ROM and Kernel. I'm willing to go fully back to stock if:

1. My Battery Life improves

2. I get software updates again

3. Android 4.3 came out for HTC One ATT

NO, you've got it wrong.  If you are already setup to flash custom ROM, you don't need official software updates.  You can get updates for other carriers long before they get released by AT&T.  And even if you want the "official" AT&T updates, they will usually be posted in flashable formats on the "usual" places.

Going back to stock is a step backward, not forwards.  You aren't really gaining anything by going stock, but you lose quite a bit.

Battery life is typically not a big function of ROM, kernel, etc.  Its usually more related to reception in your area, and radio software.  I would investigate if flashing a new radio on the phone will help you battery issue.

Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support