Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 4, 2010
10:41:29 AM
View profile
Return refurbished Iphone 3GS
Hi, I purchased a refurbished iphone 3GS for the AT&T web site. I has been less than two weeks since I made the purchase and I would like to return the phone because I think it has a bad battery. It seems to get used up mighty fast. I have no idea how long it was used before it got refurbished and if the battery was replaced at that time. Do I have to send it back to AT&T or can I go to an AT&T store for the return. Heck for $50 bucks more I could have gotten a brand new ubit. This one is not performing up to what I would have figured an Iphone would be. Thanks for your responses.
Hi, I purchased a refurbished iphone 3GS for the AT&T web site. I has been less than two weeks since I made the purchase and I would like to return the phone because I think it has a bad battery. It seems to get used up mighty fast. I have no idea how long it was used before it got refurbished and if the battery was replaced at that time. Do I have to send it back to AT&T or can I go to an AT&T store for the return. Heck for $50 bucks more I could have gotten a brand new ubit. This one is not performing up to what I would have figured an Iphone would be. Thanks for your responses.

Return refurbished Iphone 3GS

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 4, 2010 11:36:04 AM
(0)
Expert
this is a user forum, you need to go into a att corporate store or contact them by phone to get the issue resolved
this is a user forum, you need to go into a att corporate store or contact them by phone to get the issue resolved

Re: Return refurbished Iphone 3GS

2 of 9 (3,841 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 4, 2010 11:52:31 AM
(0)
Voyager
Thanks
Thanks

3 of 9 (3,834 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 4, 2010 10:22:57 PM
(0)
Teacher
if its in the 30 days it should be fine, but when you say it uses it up fast, how do you mean? Considering the phone  is like a mini computer it does suck alot of battery. I use it to do a couple text maybe a brief call or two  and some basic apps adn it will drain the batt really quick, But of course you may have a bad battery or other thing wrong with the phone, better to be on the safe side and exchange it.
if its in the 30 days it should be fine, but when you say it uses it up fast, how do you mean? Considering the phone  is like a mini computer it does suck alot of battery. I use it to do a couple text maybe a brief call or two  and some basic apps adn it will drain the batt really quick, But of course you may have a bad battery or other thing wrong with the phone, better to be on the safe side and exchange it.

4 of 9 (3,780 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 5, 2010 3:59:31 AM
(0)
Professor

ronhar123 wrote:

go to a Corporate store and see what they say!!  but most likely they are going to send you to the apple store, so the Genius bar can look at it.

if they feel it's a battery issue they will exchange it out for a "REFURB" 3Gs iphone. i would take it back if you think the battery is bad.

my battery last all day i use the ipod a lot and web and email after 8 hours i have like 42% battery life left.

ronhar123 wrote:

go to a Corporate store and see what they say!!  but most likely they are going to send you to the apple store, so the Genius bar can look at it.

if they feel it's a battery issue they will exchange it out for a "REFURB" 3Gs iphone. i would take it back if you think the battery is bad.

my battery last all day i use the ipod a lot and web and email after 8 hours i have like 42% battery life left.

hello!!!

5 of 9 (3,761 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 5, 2010 8:56:56 AM
(0)
Voyager
Thanks all of you for your responses. It is within the 30 day return window, so I will return to coporate store. Personally, I will not be getting a refurbished unit again because you never know why it was returned before. As far as the battery drain, I start with a fully charged battery. Make a couple calls, read a couple emails and play my unblockit game. After this little use, it is down to almost 50%. Should last longer than that. Thanks again folks.
Thanks all of you for your responses. It is within the 30 day return window, so I will return to coporate store. Personally, I will not be getting a refurbished unit again because you never know why it was returned before. As far as the battery drain, I start with a fully charged battery. Make a couple calls, read a couple emails and play my unblockit game. After this little use, it is down to almost 50%. Should last longer than that. Thanks again folks.

6 of 9 (3,727 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2010 6:49:16 PM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by dudorino on Dec 6, 2010 at 6:56:26 PM

I advise not buying a refurbished. Mine stopped working within 2 weeks of receiving it. No prob, we have the 30 day exchange right? Wrong. they are out of stock :/

So they sent me a crappy phone that broke, if i could exchange for a new one it would take a couple days but they can't even do what they say and exchange it. At&t has lied to me. They can't replace it. Nowhere in my warranty or instructions do I see that they might be out of stock.

So I must go days and days and suffer the consequences of poor business strategies without a phone. Nobody to blame but at&t who claimed they would replace but cannot do it. I've searched this problem I have and it's actually a common one with refurbished phones. Home button stops working.

Had I purchased a new iphone I could have replaced it at my local at&t store but I went and bought a refurb. Much regrets.

I wish I could run my business like this. Lock people into expensive contracts and screw them over by not providing the service they claim they would. Nevermind that I can't even get 3g service most of the time where I live.

I advise not buying a refurbished. Mine stopped working within 2 weeks of receiving it. No prob, we have the 30 day exchange right? Wrong. they are out of stock :/

So they sent me a crappy phone that broke, if i could exchange for a new one it would take a couple days but they can't even do what they say and exchange it. At&t has lied to me. They can't replace it. Nowhere in my warranty or instructions do I see that they might be out of stock.

So I must go days and days and suffer the consequences of poor business strategies without a phone. Nobody to blame but at&t who claimed they would replace but cannot do it. I've searched this problem I have and it's actually a common one with refurbished phones. Home button stops working.

Had I purchased a new iphone I could have replaced it at my local at&t store but I went and bought a refurb. Much regrets.

I wish I could run my business like this. Lock people into expensive contracts and screw them over by not providing the service they claim they would. Nevermind that I can't even get 3g service most of the time where I live.

[ Edited ]
7 of 9 (2,180 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2010 7:45:21 PM
(0)
Contributor

Just to clarify: Actually I don't wish I could run my business like at&t does. I dont like screwing people over. I regret renewing/upgrading my contract with this company though.  They want to charge me $325 if I were to cancel my current contract. What should I charge them for breaching the contract and being unable to replace my phone like they said they would? lol

They want me to go to apple and get them to repair my two week old phone that I didn't even buy from apple. If you sell something to me, stand by it otherwise you are a really terrible business.

Just to clarify: Actually I don't wish I could run my business like at&t does. I dont like screwing people over. I regret renewing/upgrading my contract with this company though.  They want to charge me $325 if I were to cancel my current contract. What should I charge them for breaching the contract and being unable to replace my phone like they said they would? lol

They want me to go to apple and get them to repair my two week old phone that I didn't even buy from apple. If you sell something to me, stand by it otherwise you are a really terrible business.

8 of 9 (2,150 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2010 9:12:26 PM
(0)
Master

AT&T doesn't replace refurbs with new phones; they replace them with refurbs.  Typically, unless you guarantee the replacement cost of the phone they send you with a credit card, the process of being sent a new phone takes several days.  Not sure what you mean by stating that AT&T is lying to you.

You seem to be confusing the 30-day buyer's remorse period with a warranty exchange.  You can return a phone within 30 days if you decide you don't like it and get a DIFFERENT phone.  If your phone dies while still under warranty, the warranty department will replace the phone with an identical (refurb) model.  If they're unable to supply you with a refurbished warranty replacement, at their discretion AT&T may send you a different phone or even in very rare cases a new phone (generally only in cases of multiple replacements of the same model).

dudorino wrote:

AT&T doesn't replace refurbs with new phones; they replace them with refurbs.  Typically, unless you guarantee the replacement cost of the phone they send you with a credit card, the process of being sent a new phone takes several days.  Not sure what you mean by stating that AT&T is lying to you.

You seem to be confusing the 30-day buyer's remorse period with a warranty exchange.  You can return a phone within 30 days if you decide you don't like it and get a DIFFERENT phone.  If your phone dies while still under warranty, the warranty department will replace the phone with an identical (refurb) model.  If they're unable to supply you with a refurbished warranty replacement, at their discretion AT&T may send you a different phone or even in very rare cases a new phone (generally only in cases of multiple replacements of the same model).

dudorino wrote:

9 of 9 (2,137 Views)