Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 30, 2012
11:52:40 AM
Return my iPhone & get my upgrade back
Hey everyone. I purchased a new iPhone 4s In late January ( jan. 24th to be exact). It was ok for a couple of weeks but then the battery started to go. Apple of course, replaced my phone for me At no additional charge. I have had numerous other issues with my phone which usually get fixed by restoring it.
now though my iPhone is stuck in "headphone mode" which means my phone thinks headphones are plugged in at all times, So my speakers do not work.
I hate having to go through the hassle of all these issues, even after restoring the phone is still in "headphone mode"
I would like to return my phone, get the $200 back I paid for it, and buy an android, or a different smart phone.
So my question is can I do this?
This is 100% apple's problem, but I no longer wish to deal with all the issues my iPhone has, i just do not have the time...
Please respond.
Thanks
Hey everyone. I purchased a new iPhone 4s In late January ( jan. 24th to be exact). It was ok for a couple of weeks but then the battery started to go. Apple of course, replaced my phone for me At no additional charge. I have had numerous other issues with my phone which usually get fixed by restoring it.
now though my iPhone is stuck in "headphone mode" which means my phone thinks headphones are plugged in at all times, So my speakers do not work.
I hate having to go through the hassle of all these issues, even after restoring the phone is still in "headphone mode"
I would like to return my phone, get the $200 back I paid for it, and buy an android, or a different smart phone.
This is 100% apple's problem, but I no longer wish to deal with all the issues my iPhone has, i just do not have the time...
Please respond.
Thanks

Return my iPhone & get my upgrade back

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 30, 2012 11:57:41 AM
(0)
Expert

ChrisWorthington wrote:
Please respond.
Thanks

you have a 30 day window of taking the phone back to be able to reset your upgrade status, outside of that your choice is pay the etf to get out of the contract.

Your choices are:

1. paying the etf to get out of the contract

2. purchasing a used Iphone (or some other phone) on ebay or craigslist

3. calling Apple and making an appointmet at the closes Apple Genius bar for assistance

Becuase it is over 30 days, ATT will not refund the phone

ChrisWorthington wrote:
Please respond.
Thanks

you have a 30 day window of taking the phone back to be able to reset your upgrade status, outside of that your choice is pay the etf to get out of the contract.

Your choices are:

1. paying the etf to get out of the contract

2. purchasing a used Iphone (or some other phone) on ebay or craigslist

3. calling Apple and making an appointmet at the closes Apple Genius bar for assistance

Becuase it is over 30 days, ATT will not refund the phone

Re: Return my iPhone & get my upgrade back

2 of 6 (4,682 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 30, 2012 1:37:43 PM
(0)
Guru

You're going to have to deal with Apple again. An exchange should take care of these problems once and for all.

You're going to have to deal with Apple again. An exchange should take care of these problems once and for all.

3 of 6 (4,662 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 30, 2012 1:43:03 PM
(0)
Tutor
Im going to the store today, does anyone know if they exchange it with a new or refurbished one?
And is there a policy that says once they exchange your phone 3 times they give you your money back
Im going to the store today, does anyone know if they exchange it with a new or refurbished one?
And is there a policy that says once they exchange your phone 3 times they give you your money back

4 of 6 (4,657 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 30, 2012 2:41:29 PM
(0)
Expert

ChrisWorthington wrote:

1. refurb

2. never heard of that

ChrisWorthington wrote:

1. refurb

2. never heard of that

5 of 6 (4,651 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 30, 2012 3:04:31 PM
(0)
Master
Refurb and the 3 time/lemon rule may not apply in all states.

As an FYI, an Apple refurb is not usually an issue and they stand behind their warranty and service.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Refurb and the 3 time/lemon rule may not apply in all states.

As an FYI, an Apple refurb is not usually an issue and they stand behind their warranty and service.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

6 of 6 (4,645 Views)