Retrieving 4 digit account password via SMS through BB 9000 fails?

Contributor

Retrieving 4 digit account password via SMS through BB 9000 fails?

Hi guys..

I have trouble with retrieving 4 digit prepaid account number via sms

I have BB 9000 v. 5.0 . and I activated my sim card but did not put any money yet because I was going to use prepaid

unlimited plans. But I activated outside the US so retrieving SMS did not come..

So I tried yesterday again as soon as I came back to the us...

I tried almost 15 times.. but even a single sms did not come to my BB....

What can I do.?

Thank you !

Message 1 of 3 (1,056 Views)
Master

Re: Retrieving 4 digit account password via SMS through BB 9000 fails?

You said that you did not add any money to your account. In order for the SMS containing the password to come through, I would definitely add at least a little bit of money to your account, say, $5.00 or less. Just enough for the password to get through.

There could be a chance that the SMS message is indeed an AT&T free message, but I'm not completely sure if it is a free message or not.

Try that, and then see if it will work. If it does not, I don't know what else could be the problem...

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 2 of 3 (1,045 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Retrieving 4 digit account password via SMS through BB 9000 fails?

It cannot be lack of funds, as if this were the case, you could never verify your login to add funds which obviously are $0 at activation.  It would create an impossible catch-22 condition, right?

One troubleshooting test would be to try the activated (but not funded) SIM by texting a free query to the AT&T SMS Service Center.  How?

1.  Check on your BB that your SMS (text) Service Center is +1 312 314 9810 .  This should be found under the [OPTIONS]>[SMS TEXT] sub-menu where you will find the field Service Center provisioned on your device.

2.  If empty or different manually set it to be +1 312 314 9810.

[NOTE:  I don't have a BB 9000, but an earlier BB 8100, and I assume that the options menues are similar.  So this may only be an approximation.]

3.  Now, send a (free) text to find your account status (balance) at *777#.  You should get a text reply with your balance ($0) and an indication where to go to refill your account.

If this fails, you can also try the activated SIM card on another phone (the IMEI does not matter).  If it works on this second device, the evidence says to me that you have a bad BB 9000.

Message 3 of 3 (1,029 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.