Retention Dept. Made Me VERY Happy

Retention Dept. Made Me VERY Happy

Hello AT&T Community, this is my first post because I felt this was worth registering for to share with everyone!

SITUATION:

I have a Samsung SGH-i897 Captivate on it's last leg... and the recently released Android 2.3 Gingerbread update has made this thing shoot straight into the crapper. I am a year into my contract, and I called AT&T about it to see if I could have an early upgrade.

MY AWESOME EXPERIENCE:

I spoke to customer service and the guy I was not pleased at all. He was very rude, and used a very condescending tone. After being a customer for 7+ years, I thought my request was a rather small and simple one. So I hung up, and called the Retentions Department. The woman I spoke to here was VERY pleasant, peppy, and eager to help. I explained the situation and she was able to override my contract and offer me a Samsung Galaxy S II for only $125. Free shipping with a waived activation fee! ...and if you think THAT is great, I have a family plan with 5 lines that love to text. From now (January) until July... I have my unlimited messaging plan fee WAIVED.  That's right.  My $30 messaging plan is FREE for 6 months and I get a Galaxy S II for $125 without a shipping or upgrade fee. I am VERY VERY VERY happy! Thank you AT&T! I am happy to see you are willing to correct even so much as one bad experience over the phone! Look forward to staying with you guys!

Message 1 of 7 (49,641 Views)
Scholar

Re: Retention Dept. Made Me VERY Happy

Always nice to read good things on here.  They are quite rare.  Congrats on the Galaxy S II.  You will not be disappointed with it. Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 7 (49,615 Views)
Master

Holy crap! You truly LUCKED OUT! The new Galaxy S II wasn't even treated as an upgrade or anything?! That price isn't even subsidized!

And free messaging?! SnickleBits, you have the deal of the century...hands down.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 3 of 7 (49,590 Views)

I was genuinely surprised myself. I've never had an issue with AT&T's customer service but the man I spoke with was blatantly rude and I felt someone needed to know.  I just didn't expect THIS to come out of it!   

BEFORE ---> Smiley Frustrated
AFTER --->     Smiley Very Happy 

Message 4 of 7 (49,588 Views)
Master

I'm glad to hear (as well as everyone else) that you're happy afterwards. Smiley Happy

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 5 of 7 (49,586 Views)
Highlighted
Mentor

I am happy to hear about your positive experience.  I read so many posts from users who have had negative experiences with AT&T customer service.  It's nice to read about a positive one. :-)

Message 6 of 7 (49,563 Views)
Former Community Manager

Message 7 of 7 (32,004 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.