Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 22, 2011
9:25:23 PM
Restocking fee humor

I went in an ATT store and got a cheap $9.99 Samsung SGH-A107 GoPhone to carry around at work.  Needed something basically thow-away without a camera.

In a big red circle on the box is "This Product Has A $35 Restocking Fee"

It would cost someone 3.5X the cost of the phone to return it.  Cheaper to just throw it away.

I went in an ATT store and got a cheap $9.99 Samsung SGH-A107 GoPhone to carry around at work.  Needed something basically thow-away without a camera.

In a big red circle on the box is "This Product Has A $35 Restocking Fee"

It would cost someone 3.5X the cost of the phone to return it.  Cheaper to just throw it away.

Restocking fee humor

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 23, 2011 2:13:11 AM
(0)
Employee
hat phone was on sale for $9.99 not usually that cheap hence why the restocking fee was higher
hat phone was on sale for $9.99 not usually that cheap hence why the restocking fee was higher
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Restocking fee humor

2 of 4 (400 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 23, 2011 8:32:57 AM
(0)
Guru

My common sense is tingling... Smiley Indifferent

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

My common sense is tingling... Smiley Indifferent

3 of 4 (379 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 23, 2011 9:39:10 AM
(0)
Employee
the same would be for a free phone you got. just standard policy
the same would be for a free phone you got. just standard policy
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 4 (366 Views)