Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 3, 2011
9:48:23 AM
View profile
Resolution to a dispute that started in March 2011
Edited by scoobydoo on Nov 3, 2011 at 9:57:26 AM

I have been trying to resolve unarthorized charges on my moms cell phone since March 2.  Someone hacked into her phone and made 800 international calls as well as ran over her contract minutes.  I had talked her into setting up automatice bill pay.  She was not really in favor of this when I did it.  I told her there should be no problem in doing this. On March 2, I discovered there had been $1,195 deducted from her checking account. I called right away to get it taken care of. During that call I was told another $513 had been charged. AT& T wanted to just give my mom credit.  I said OK at first but realized it would take about 3 yrs. to use up that credit.  i called back and said I wanted her to be refunded. Well, exactly 8 months later I think it may be resolved thanks to Tracie [personal content edited] in the wireless division.  I probably spent approximately 10 hours on the phone trying to get this taken care of so my mom was reimbursed for the correct amount.  Thank you Tracie!

KellerD

I have been trying to resolve unarthorized charges on my moms cell phone since March 2.  Someone hacked into her phone and made 800 international calls as well as ran over her contract minutes.  I had talked her into setting up automatice bill pay.  She was not really in favor of this when I did it.  I told her there should be no problem in doing this. On March 2, I discovered there had been $1,195 deducted from her checking account. I called right away to get it taken care of. During that call I was told another $513 had been charged. AT& T wanted to just give my mom credit.  I said OK at first but realized it would take about 3 yrs. to use up that credit.  i called back and said I wanted her to be refunded. Well, exactly 8 months later I think it may be resolved thanks to Tracie [personal content edited] in the wireless division.  I probably spent approximately 10 hours on the phone trying to get this taken care of so my mom was reimbursed for the correct amount.  Thank you Tracie!

KellerD

Resolution to a dispute that started in March 2011

[ Edited ]
1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2011 1:12:09 PM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Very happy to hear that Tracie was able to help you out. I'll see if I track her down and make sure that she sees this. Smiley Happy

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Very happy to hear that Tracie was able to help you out. I'll see if I track her down and make sure that she sees this. Smiley Happy

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Resolution to a dispute that started in March 2011

2 of 2 (178 Views)