Posted Dec 24, 2011
7:31:33 PM
View profile
Reset the phone..now what?

So I wanted to clear my iPhone 4 because I gave it to my son.I go a new phone number for it from the store, but told them to wait to activate it. They gave me the sim card, told me to put it in and I could go online to activate it. Well, I cleared the phone in the settings and now it won't do anything except emergency calls. Did I just screw it up? Or is there something I can do?

So I wanted to clear my iPhone 4 because I gave it to my son.I go a new phone number for it from the store, but told them to wait to activate it. They gave me the sim card, told me to put it in and I could go online to activate it. Well, I cleared the phone in the settings and now it won't do anything except emergency calls. Did I just screw it up? Or is there something I can do?

Reset the phone..now what?

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 24, 2011 9:26:00 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Is there an active SIM card in the phone now? Emergency calling only is normal when there is no active SIM card installed.
Is there an active SIM card in the phone now? Emergency calling only is normal when there is no active SIM card installed.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Reset the phone..now what?

2 of 4 (245 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 25, 2011 5:20:18 AM
(0)
Guru

Have you inserted the sim card & tried activating it through iTunes? You may have to call AT&T customer service if that didn't work.

Have you inserted the sim card & tried activating it through iTunes? You may have to call AT&T customer service if that didn't work.

3 of 4 (224 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 25, 2011 10:55:09 AM
(0)
Expert

4 of 4 (186 Views)