Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 11, 2008
7:49:18 AM
View profile
Replacement express card - stuck on edge
I've just received a replacement Option GT Max 3.6 Express, after my first one broke. This one works fine, except for the fact that it stays in EDGE mode virtually all the time. Both my cell phone, and my old express card can pick up HSDPA just fine at my desk, at home etc, but this one refuses to pick it up (it has once or twice, but otherwise it's EDGE-only).

I've checked the device set up with HyperTerminal, and it's definitely set to select either network type. Is this another dud card? Any other ideas?

FYI, I'm running it with a Sony SZ VAIO laptop, fresh install of XP with all the latest patches.
I've just received a replacement Option GT Max 3.6 Express, after my first one broke. This one works fine, except for the fact that it stays in EDGE mode virtually all the time. Both my cell phone, and my old express card can pick up HSDPA just fine at my desk, at home etc, but this one refuses to pick it up (it has once or twice, but otherwise it's EDGE-only).

I've checked the device set up with HyperTerminal, and it's definitely set to select either network type. Is this another dud card? Any other ideas?

FYI, I'm running it with a Sony SZ VAIO laptop, fresh install of XP with all the latest patches.

Replacement express card - stuck on edge

0 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too