Posted Jul 30, 2010
7:09:22 AM
Replacement SIM - It has been more than a month
Edited by WirelessForeman on Jul 30, 2010 at 7:24:22 AM

Cancelling, replacing broken SIM, replacing broken phone...ATT sucks. They pretty much screw up every time you have one of these. I think their sales and marketing is only good at getting new customers...and pretty much suck at everything after that.

I had requested a replacement SIM and its been more than a month and still no clue where it is. The rep told me that the SIM will be shipped priority..looks like it is still being produced in the far east.

Every time I call them, they pretty much say that the SIM has been sent to the dispatch department. No one knows where the dispatch department is... This is what I have been getting every time...

Thank you for choosing AT&T for your business wireless needs!

This e-mail is a follow-up to our previous conversation on 7/19/2010 to ensure your needs were serviced correctly.

On 7/19/2010, processed the following changes to your account:

1. Other
2. The order for the blue network sim card was sent in on 7/8/2010 and we currently do not have any information regarding the status of this order. 

Please allow 1-2 bill cycles for this transaction to reflect on your next bill and account summary. If you have further questions about your AT&T business needs, please refer to http://www.att.com/business or by calling us at (800) 331-0500.

Sincerely,

(Mod note: Per the Guidelines, personal content has been edited for security purposes.)

Cancelling, replacing broken SIM, replacing broken phone...ATT sucks. They pretty much screw up every time you have one of these. I think their sales and marketing is only good at getting new customers...and pretty much suck at everything after that.

I had requested a replacement SIM and its been more than a month and still no clue where it is. The rep told me that the SIM will be shipped priority..looks like it is still being produced in the far east.

Every time I call them, they pretty much say that the SIM has been sent to the dispatch department. No one knows where the dispatch department is... This is what I have been getting every time...

This e-mail is a follow-up to our previous conversation on 7/19/2010 to ensure your needs were serviced correctly.

1. Other
2. The order for the blue network sim card was sent in on 7/8/2010 and we currently do not have any information regarding the status of this order. 

Please allow 1-2 bill cycles for this transaction to reflect on your next bill and account summary. If you have further questions about your AT&T business needs, please refer to http://www.att.com/business or by calling us at (800) 331-0500.

Sincerely,

(Mod note: Per the Guidelines, personal content has been edited for security purposes.)

Replacement SIM - It has been more than a month

[ Edited ]
10 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(10)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 30, 2010 7:21:11 AM
(0)
Guru

And why don't you just go to an AT&T store to buy one?

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

Re: Replacement SIM - It has been more than a month

2 of 11 (290 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 30, 2010 7:30:12 AM
(0)
Master

Virtual wrote:

If the OP were going to be getting a free sim replacement from AT&T, I would say, going to the store is a time saver. However, if the OP is paying for the sim, I would suggest getting one from eBay, as AT&T charges $25 for a replacement sim, where as with eBay, you can pick up a new sim card for $5 or less. And most of the sims that I bought from eBay arrived to me within 2 days..........

Virtual wrote:

If the OP were going to be getting a free sim replacement from AT&T, I would say, going to the store is a time saver. However, if the OP is paying for the sim, I would suggest getting one from eBay, as AT&T charges $25 for a replacement sim, where as with eBay, you can pick up a new sim card for $5 or less. And most of the sims that I bought from eBay arrived to me within 2 days..........

3 of 11 (273 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 30, 2010 8:00:09 AM
(0)
Mentor

Virtual wrote:

Is it that easy to get a blue network SIM card?

Virtual wrote:

4 of 11 (259 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 30, 2010 8:01:58 AM
(0)
Guru
Edited by Virtual on Jul 30, 2010 at 8:14:24 AM

cga632 wrote:

Virtual wrote:

Well...yes... ._.

You just go to a store and ask for a new SIM card. $25.00 for each one. Common process if you want a replacement SIM or if you want to activate a new prepaid phone number if you already have a phone.

EDIT: Oh, Blue Network? but AT&T doesn't offer those SIM cards anymore.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

cga632 wrote:

Virtual wrote:

Well...yes... ._.

You just go to a store and ask for a new SIM card. $25.00 for each one. Common process if you want a replacement SIM or if you want to activate a new prepaid phone number if you already have a phone.

EDIT: Oh, Blue Network? but AT&T doesn't offer those SIM cards anymore.

[ Edited ]
5 of 11 (257 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 30, 2010 8:24:43 AM
(0)
Master

cga632 wrote:

AT&T lo longer sells the Blue sim cards, however, they do on eBay, so I would try there.

cga632 wrote:

AT&T lo longer sells the Blue sim cards, however, they do on eBay, so I would try there.

6 of 11 (249 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 30, 2010 8:27:21 AM
(0)
Professor
Edited by UNSC_REACH on Jul 30, 2010 at 8:28:19 AM

Check Ebay.

My personal thoughts on it: get a new phone with orange service. Blue is dying, they are shutting down services left and right, cant upkeep the old network and expand the new at the same time.

Check Ebay.

My personal thoughts on it: get a new phone with orange service. Blue is dying, they are shutting down services left and right, cant upkeep the old network and expand the new at the same time.

[ Edited ]
7 of 11 (247 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 30, 2010 10:05:19 AM
(0)
Mentor

Irish Rose wrote:

cga632 wrote:

I wonder why ATT would email him and say they shipped him a blue network card on 7/8/2010?

Irish Rose wrote:

cga632 wrote:

I wonder why ATT would email him and say they shipped him a blue network card on 7/8/2010?

8 of 11 (234 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 30, 2010 11:13:40 PM
(0)
Master

You do realize you might not be able to get these SIMs through AT&T any more?  Blue SIMs are for plans that have LONG since been retired, and AT&T doesn't do much to actively support these plans.  My suggestion is to either join the 21st Century and get an Orange plan, or try eBay.

sriramsam wrote:

1. Other

Sincerely,

You do realize you might not be able to get these SIMs through AT&T any more?  Blue SIMs are for plans that have LONG since been retired, and AT&T doesn't do much to actively support these plans.  My suggestion is to either join the 21st Century and get an Orange plan, or try eBay.

sriramsam wrote:

1. Other

Sincerely,

9 of 11 (215 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 31, 2010 5:29:17 AM
(0)
Guru

cga632 wrote:

I didnt see anywhere that said it was shipped on 7/8/2010. I only saw where the order was sent in on 7/8/2010 and that they have no further information available reguarding the order.

cga632 wrote:

I didnt see anywhere that said it was shipped on 7/8/2010. I only saw where the order was sent in on 7/8/2010 and that they have no further information available reguarding the order.

10 of 11 (206 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 31, 2010 8:18:16 AM
(0)
Professor

I think the point of the question is:

Why would ATT email him for an order for a product that someone said couldnt be ordered.

I think the point of the question is:

Why would ATT email him for an order for a product that someone said couldnt be ordered.

11 of 11 (118 Views)