Helpful Links

Repeatedly receive a same message from (personal information edited out)

Teacher

Repeatedly receive a same message from (personal information edited out)

The message said: 10010 Error Invalid Number. Please re-send using a valid 10 digit mobile number or valid short code. 1071

However, I never sent any message to an invalid mobile number.

Actually, I only sent messages to a few of my friends who are using American mobile numbers, not International.

My phone is Samsung Galaxy S II SGH-I777

Android 2.3.6 I777UCKK6

Please help. Thanks.

Message 1 of 2
Community Support

Re: Repeatedly receive a same message from (personal information edited out)

Hi @zhenboling

I’d be happy to help with this “Invalid Number” error you have been receiving! This may be related to your device storing an incomplete version of one of your contact’s wireless number. For example, this is commonly the wireless number without the area code.

Please test with your most used contacts to determine if you receive this message after texting a specific person. We can then find which contact is causing this. You may be receiving this error message directly into a message thread with a contact, which would help find the source.

Once the affected contact is located, delete all messages to/from this contact, and then delete the contact itself. Restart your device and try sending a new text directly to the cell number before saving as a contact once more.

I hope this helps!

Charise

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support