Removing excess garbage from the Infuse...

Teacher

Removing excess garbage from the Infuse...

There are a lot of apps on the phone I have no desire to keep or ever use but when I go into the remove programs section in settings it doesn't give the option to uninstall (the option is greyed out). For example Facebook, I have absolutely no use for that garbage but how can I uninstall it and other apps I do not want?

Message 1 of 4 (745 Views)
Master

Re: Removing excess garbage from the Infuse...

[ Edited ]

You will have to: (1) root your phone (which voids your warranty) and (2) Install TitaniumBackup (which requires root access) in order to remove those pre-loaded apps. This is one thing I don't like in Android.

Message 2 of 4 (742 Views)
Teacher

Thanks for the help. I'm in complete agreement with you in that it sucks that we have apps we don't like sucking up memory that could be used for apps we will actually use.

Thanks Again...
Message 3 of 4 (734 Views)
Master

If the unnecessary apps are on any of your home screens, you can get rid of them by holding them and then dragging them down to the bottom of the screen and into the virtual trash can. That is only if they are on your home screen and not in your Applications menu.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 4 of 4 (729 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.