Remove IE From Tilt 2

Contributor

Remove IE From Tilt 2

I know this is a strange request, but can someone please give me simple directions on how to remove or disable IE on the Tilt 2. I realize that this probably voids the warranty...I don't care.  Thanks for your help. 
Message 1 of 10

Re: Remove IE From Tilt 2

You can't just "remove" it.  You'd have to find and flash a custom ROM that did not include it.
Message 2 of 10
Contributor

i know that there are ways to delete items from the registry...i just need to know how. 
Message 3 of 10
Teacher

can you tell us more about why?  deleting a registry setting is not going to remove the application - are you looking to have some other browser be the "default" browser?
Message 4 of 10
Contributor

let's just say that my wife has "trust" issues.  i need the data connection for emails, messages, gps etc, but my life would be easier without a web browser on my phone. 
Message 5 of 10
Scholar

You could remove the shortcuts in the start menu by going to the start menu directory in the windows directory and I suppose you could search the registry for anything that had Internet Explorer using a registry editor like Total Commander, PHMeditor, Mobile Registry Editor, etc... although I do not consent to playing with the registry since you could break stuff.  Worst comes to worst and you do mess the registry up you could always do a hard reset and your phone would go back to factory defaults.

If you truly want all browsers gone then you would have to flash a rom that did not have a browser although not to many of those go around.  Maybe would be easier to cope with trust issues but to each his own.

Message 6 of 10

In addition to getting rid of IE you'll also have to get rid of Opera.  Or find a marriage counselor.
Message 7 of 10
Professor

You're right, it is a strange request.
Message 8 of 10
Tutor

I would like to know how to remove Opera from the phone or at least to make it NEVER launch.
Message 9 of 10
Highlighted
Professor

Do you mean prevent the auto-preload of Opera at boot?  That's an easy fix.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=532948

To change default browser:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=533311

Message 10 of 10
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support