Helpful Links

Remove IE From Tilt 2

Contributor

Remove IE From Tilt 2

I know this is a strange request, but can someone please give me simple directions on how to remove or disable IE on the Tilt 2. I realize that this probably voids the warranty...I don't care.  Thanks for your help. 
Message 1 of 10

Re: Remove IE From Tilt 2

You can't just "remove" it.  You'd have to find and flash a custom ROM that did not include it.
Message 2 of 10
Contributor

i know that there are ways to delete items from the registry...i just need to know how. 
Message 3 of 10
Teacher

can you tell us more about why?  deleting a registry setting is not going to remove the application - are you looking to have some other browser be the "default" browser?
Message 4 of 10
Contributor

let's just say that my wife has "trust" issues.  i need the data connection for emails, messages, gps etc, but my life would be easier without a web browser on my phone. 
Message 5 of 10
Scholar

You could remove the shortcuts in the start menu by going to the start menu directory in the windows directory and I suppose you could search the registry for anything that had Internet Explorer using a registry editor like Total Commander, PHMeditor, Mobile Registry Editor, etc... although I do not consent to playing with the registry since you could break stuff.  Worst comes to worst and you do mess the registry up you could always do a hard reset and your phone would go back to factory defaults.

If you truly want all browsers gone then you would have to flash a rom that did not have a browser although not to many of those go around.  Maybe would be easier to cope with trust issues but to each his own.

Message 6 of 10

In addition to getting rid of IE you'll also have to get rid of Opera.  Or find a marriage counselor.
Message 7 of 10
Professor

You're right, it is a strange request.
Message 8 of 10
Tutor

I would like to know how to remove Opera from the phone or at least to make it NEVER launch.
Message 9 of 10
Highlighted
Professor

Do you mean prevent the auto-preload of Opera at boot?  That's an easy fix.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=532948

To change default browser:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=533311

Message 10 of 10
Share this topic
Announcements

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Have questions about International Plans? Get the answers on Wed. 10/25 at Hello World: International Plans, from 1-4pm ET / 10am-1pm PT!

Let us help you upgrade and activate your device!

Additional Support