Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 3, 2009
6:54:44 AM
View profile
Remove IE From Tilt 2
I know this is a strange request, but can someone please give me simple directions on how to remove or disable IE on the Tilt 2. I realize that this probably voids the warranty...I don't care.  Thanks for your help. 
I know this is a strange request, but can someone please give me simple directions on how to remove or disable IE on the Tilt 2. I realize that this probably voids the warranty...I don't care.  Thanks for your help. 

Remove IE From Tilt 2

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2009 7:18:36 AM
(0)
Guru
You can't just "remove" it.  You'd have to find and flash a custom ROM that did not include it.
You can't just "remove" it.  You'd have to find and flash a custom ROM that did not include it.

Re: Remove IE From Tilt 2

2 of 10 (2,863 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2009 7:21:12 AM
(0)
Contributor
i know that there are ways to delete items from the registry...i just need to know how. 
i know that there are ways to delete items from the registry...i just need to know how. 

3 of 10 (2,861 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2009 8:25:14 AM
(0)
Teacher
can you tell us more about why?  deleting a registry setting is not going to remove the application - are you looking to have some other browser be the "default" browser?
can you tell us more about why?  deleting a registry setting is not going to remove the application - are you looking to have some other browser be the "default" browser?

4 of 10 (2,835 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2009 10:32:24 AM
(0)
Contributor
let's just say that my wife has "trust" issues.  i need the data connection for emails, messages, gps etc, but my life would be easier without a web browser on my phone. 
let's just say that my wife has "trust" issues.  i need the data connection for emails, messages, gps etc, but my life would be easier without a web browser on my phone. 

5 of 10 (2,807 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2009 2:12:04 PM
(0)
Scholar

You could remove the shortcuts in the start menu by going to the start menu directory in the windows directory and I suppose you could search the registry for anything that had Internet Explorer using a registry editor like Total Commander, PHMeditor, Mobile Registry Editor, etc... although I do not consent to playing with the registry since you could break stuff.  Worst comes to worst and you do mess the registry up you could always do a hard reset and your phone would go back to factory defaults.

If you truly want all browsers gone then you would have to flash a rom that did not have a browser although not to many of those go around.  Maybe would be easier to cope with trust issues but to each his own.

You could remove the shortcuts in the start menu by going to the start menu directory in the windows directory and I suppose you could search the registry for anything that had Internet Explorer using a registry editor like Total Commander, PHMeditor, Mobile Registry Editor, etc... although I do not consent to playing with the registry since you could break stuff.  Worst comes to worst and you do mess the registry up you could always do a hard reset and your phone would go back to factory defaults.

If you truly want all browsers gone then you would have to flash a rom that did not have a browser although not to many of those go around.  Maybe would be easier to cope with trust issues but to each his own.

6 of 10 (2,783 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2009 2:24:33 PM
(0)
Guru
In addition to getting rid of IE you'll also have to get rid of Opera.  Or find a marriage counselor.
In addition to getting rid of IE you'll also have to get rid of Opera.  Or find a marriage counselor.

7 of 10 (2,776 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 4, 2009 6:31:07 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
You're right, it is a strange request.
You're right, it is a strange request.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

8 of 10 (2,720 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 1, 2010 12:51:30 PM
(0)
Tutor
I would like to know how to remove Opera from the phone or at least to make it NEVER launch.
I would like to know how to remove Opera from the phone or at least to make it NEVER launch.

9 of 10 (1,947 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 1, 2010 1:45:42 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Do you mean prevent the auto-preload of Opera at boot?  That's an easy fix.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=532948

To change default browser:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=533311

Do you mean prevent the auto-preload of Opera at boot?  That's an easy fix.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=532948

To change default browser:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=533311

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

10 of 10 (1,929 Views)