Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 1, 2011
1:43:02 AM
View profile
Register for My AT&T wireless online account?

Hey guys! Heres my question:

So my Family has a family plan and my mom has an AT&T mywireless account online so she can pay all of our bills online. My questions is can I register my number for my own AT&T mywireless accont to track my usage on my own just for my own records? 

I want to make my own account so i can track my data usage. Also would registering my own number change the billing on her mywireless online account?  

I just want to make my own account to track usage but not take my number or line off of her MYwireless online accout, please let me know. Thanks! 

Hey guys! Heres my question:

So my Family has a family plan and my mom has an AT&T mywireless account online so she can pay all of our bills online. My questions is can I register my number for my own AT&T mywireless accont to track my usage on my own just for my own records? 

I want to make my own account so i can track my data usage. Also would registering my own number change the billing on her mywireless online account?  

I just want to make my own account to track usage but not take my number or line off of her MYwireless online accout, please let me know. Thanks! 

Register for My AT&T wireless online account?

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 1, 2011 5:42:30 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Setting up your own access to your account will not affect the billing on your mother's account or your account. It will give you access to your data and phone usage, but it will also give you access to the same info of everyone on the family plan.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.

Setting up your own access to your account will not affect the billing on your mother's account or your account. It will give you access to your data and phone usage, but it will also give you access to the same info of everyone on the family plan.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Register for My AT&T wireless online account?

2 of 7 (2,032 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 23, 2011 5:20:04 AM
(0)
Contributor

Ok. Thank you for the response to the previous poster's question. I need to expand on that post with more questions and information. When I first got my AT&T (Cingular) account in 2003 I purchased a phone and got a number. Since then I have had several phones and actually have a new number that I want to use as my AT&T Account log-in number but cannot seem to find a way to do this. The original number is still on the account and is used in the house, but since I am the primary account holder, I'd like the record to reflect my new number and cannot find a way to make this happen. I cannot even find a place to add another log-in to the account on the website.

Another note if this matters, the number I have now was another person's number on my account, but when my daughter moved out, I kept her phone and number. She has since gotten her own AT&T account.

If you know of any way that I can either change the log-in number on my account or add an account for my new number, I would appreciate it.
Thank You,

John

Ok. Thank you for the response to the previous poster's question. I need to expand on that post with more questions and information. When I first got my AT&T (Cingular) account in 2003 I purchased a phone and got a number. Since then I have had several phones and actually have a new number that I want to use as my AT&T Account log-in number but cannot seem to find a way to do this. The original number is still on the account and is used in the house, but since I am the primary account holder, I'd like the record to reflect my new number and cannot find a way to make this happen. I cannot even find a place to add another log-in to the account on the website.

Another note if this matters, the number I have now was another person's number on my account, but when my daughter moved out, I kept her phone and number. She has since gotten her own AT&T account.

If you know of any way that I can either change the log-in number on my account or add an account for my new number, I would appreciate it.
Thank You,

John

3 of 7 (1,945 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 23, 2011 5:33:54 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Have you tried to create a new log in with the number. Each number can log into the account.
Have you tried to create a new log in with the number. Each number can log into the account.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 7 (1,942 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 23, 2011 10:13:57 AM
(0)
Scholar

Should be noted, if the account holder has put a passcode on the account you will not be able to log in unless you have the passcode.  

Should be noted, if the account holder has put a passcode on the account you will not be able to log in unless you have the passcode.  

5 of 7 (1,936 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 23, 2011 10:42:28 AM
(0)
Contributor

Thank You for your reply!

I am the primary account holder.

Thank You for your reply!

I am the primary account holder.

6 of 7 (1,932 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 23, 2011 10:50:24 AM
(0)
Contributor

Thank you for your reply!

I had tried to create a new account a few weeks ago but the system kept timing out. Now looking through the forums I notice that a lot of people were locked out during this same time.

I tried again to create an account now, it said there was already a account. I told it I lost my password and it let me set up a new password - verified who I was and it's all done.

Thank you again for your help!

John

Thank you for your reply!

I had tried to create a new account a few weeks ago but the system kept timing out. Now looking through the forums I notice that a lot of people were locked out during this same time.

I tried again to create an account now, it said there was already a account. I told it I lost my password and it let me set up a new password - verified who I was and it's all done.

Thank you again for your help!

John

7 of 7 (1,930 Views)