Refurb iphone 4 issues

Mentor

Refurb iphone 4 issues

Just got an Iphone 4 refurb yesterday and have issues with it freezing and going to the logo screen and the timer thing one the apple.  Happened 10 times some far in less thank 24 hrs. came with 4.3 installed, anybody have similiar issues.  I have had an iphone for several years so I know a thing or 2 about them  please help!!

Message 1 of 8 (1,243 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: Refurb iphone 4 issues

 


dmoran8931 wrote:

Just got an Iphone 4 refurb yesterday and have issues with it freezing and going to the logo screen and the timer thing one the apple.  Happened 10 times some far in less thank 24 hrs. came with 4.3 installed, anybody have similiar issues.  I have had an iphone for several years so I know a thing or 2 about them  please help!!


Not normal behavior in the least. Did you "restore" from a previous iphone? About all you can do is a full reset/wipe/restore, set up as new, and if its still freaking out, get it swapped out by visiting an apple store.

 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 8 (1,238 Views)
Mentor

Re: Refurb iphone 4 issues

thats what I thought  it is a new line on myh account so I an putting 4.3.1 on it now  hopefully this works!!  guess i should have got a new instead of refurb

Message 3 of 8 (1,229 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: Refurb iphone 4 issues

 


dmoran8931 wrote:

thats what I thought  it is a new line on myh account so I an putting 4.3.1 on it now  hopefully this works!!  guess i should have got a new instead of refurb


The referbs are generally fine. I have one, my kid has one (both our new iP4s developed issues and were exchanged by Apple) and both are working without issue. Just take it in if its misbehaving, Apple will make it right.

 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 8 (1,090 Views)
Contributor

Re: Refurb iphone 4 issues

Just out of curiosity, when did you order your Refurb? I just ordered 2 Refurb iPhone 4s yesterday and my order status currently says backordered. How long did it take for yours to ship?

Message 5 of 8 (1,001 Views)
Contributor

Re: Refurb iphone 4 issues

I just ordered one too for a gift for my daughter.  Wondering if it will take forever to get here... need it for her birthday!

Message 6 of 8 (962 Views)
Professor

Re: Refurb iphone 4 issues


Diellec wrote:

I just ordered one too for a gift for my daughter.  Wondering if it will take forever to get here... need it for her birthday!


when did you Order it? was it in stock? when is her B-day?  should have done this a couple of weeks before her B-day..

Message 7 of 8 (942 Views)
Master

Re: Refurb iphone 4 issues

If you continue to have issues, do not hesitate to go into an Apple store and have them take care of it.  http://www.apple.com/retail  Make an appointment at their Genius bar and you will walk away with a working iPhone.  Refurbs are usually pretty good but every so often one is DOA.

_____________________

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 8 of 8 (919 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.