Refilling account through phone with debit card cost me WAY more than I wanted!

Contributor

Refilling account through phone with debit card cost me WAY more than I wanted!

To make a long story short, I had a very small amount of money on my prepaid account and wanted to refill it with the $15 package. I was out of reach of any computer, devices with internet, etc, so I had to go to My Account >>> Refill >> Debit/Credit Card. When I entered my info (phone #, identity info, etc) and got to the page with all refill increments, the values were .00. This means there were a list of about 5 refill values that should have been $15, $25, $50, $100, but they were all zero. Since I was in an emergency and needed to refill on-the-go, I chose the first value, thinking it would be the lesser amount of money. But, I was in for a surprise when I was charged $100. I am not thrilled and would like to know if there is any way I can get a refund. It was clearly a mistake and the phone had mislead me. I don't think that is fair and that there is definitely a problem with my phone, or the ATT network. Anyone else have this problem? I am desperate for a refund. Thank you for reading.

Message 1 of 2 (841 Views)
Master

Re: Refilling account through phone with debit card cost me WAY more than I wanted!

Try calling customer service and explain your story to them. You can dial 1-800-331-0500, or 611 from your phone. When you enter the main menu, state "more options", and then "customer service". The system will get confused and transfer you to a real-time CS representative that might be able to assist you with this issue.

Good luck!

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 2 of 2 (810 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.