Refilling account through phone with debit card cost me WAY more than I wanted!

Contributor

Refilling account through phone with debit card cost me WAY more than I wanted!

To make a long story short, I had a very small amount of money on my prepaid account and wanted to refill it with the $15 package. I was out of reach of any computer, devices with internet, etc, so I had to go to My Account >>> Refill >> Debit/Credit Card. When I entered my info (phone #, identity info, etc) and got to the page with all refill increments, the values were .00. This means there were a list of about 5 refill values that should have been $15, $25, $50, $100, but they were all zero. Since I was in an emergency and needed to refill on-the-go, I chose the first value, thinking it would be the lesser amount of money. But, I was in for a surprise when I was charged $100. I am not thrilled and would like to know if there is any way I can get a refund. It was clearly a mistake and the phone had mislead me. I don't think that is fair and that there is definitely a problem with my phone, or the ATT network. Anyone else have this problem? I am desperate for a refund. Thank you for reading.

Message 1 of 2
Master

Re: Refilling account through phone with debit card cost me WAY more than I wanted!

Try calling customer service and explain your story to them. You can dial 1-800-331-0500, or 611 from your phone. When you enter the main menu, state "more options", and then "customer service". The system will get confused and transfer you to a real-time CS representative that might be able to assist you with this issue.

Good luck!

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support