Refill my account from outside the US

Contributor

Refill my account from outside the US

I will be in Vietnam from May to August. The cancel date of my account is a few days earlier than the date I come back. I don't want to lose my number so I wonder if I can refill my account from Vietnam. Does anyone know?

Message 1 of 7 (468 Views)
Master

Re: Refill my account from outside the US

As long as you will have computer access to your on-line account while you are in Vietnam, I don't know why you wouldn't be able to refill using the PayGo on-line refill function.  To my understanding you just need a US based credit card or bank account/corresponding US address to do so, and it sounds like that isn't a problem for you. Smiley Happy 

You could even sign up for the auto-refill function before you leave, although my experience with auto-renewal for the feature plans hasn't been perfect.  I've not used the auto-refill, however; and I don't know if there are similar problems with it.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 2 of 7 (456 Views)
Teacher

hqtrang wrote:

I will be in Vietnam from May to August. The cancel date of my account is a few days earlier than the date I come back. I don't want to lose my number so I wonder if I can refill my account from Vietnam. Does anyone know?

There's always myprepaidrefill.com, as long as you have web access you can trust and a US credit card. Or paygonline.com, if you bring a refill card with you. Both require your phone's PIN.

Otherwise, simply refill with $25 just before you leave at the end of April. Sure, your balance will expire in late July (90 days), but your number won't be cancelled until late September (60 days after expiry). Refill when you get back, and you'll be fine.

Just be aware you can't use a prepaid Gophone account in Vietnam. They only do international roaming to Mexico. If you want to use your handset, you'll need to get a new prepaid SIM when you get there. I understand Vinacard from Vinaphone is popular, but there are others.

Message 3 of 7 (455 Views)
Contributor

Thank you very much for answering Smiley Happy.

I was concerned just because as nospamboz said, my phone will not work in Vietnam so my account will be like "off" (the term I just made up Smiley Very Happy) the whole time.

And by the way, I'm from Vietnam, I'm just going to college here and I'm going home for the summer. So I already have a phone I can use in Vietnam Smiley Happy.

Message 4 of 7 (437 Views)
Master

hqtrang wrote:

Thank you very much for answering Smiley Happy.

I was concerned just because as nospamboz said, my phone will not work in Vietnam so my account will be like "off" (the term I just made up Smiley Very Happy) the whole time.

And by the way, I'm from Vietnam, I'm just going to college here and I'm going home for the summer. So I already have a phone I can use in Vietnam Smiley Happy.

If you can use at&t's on-line access (PayGoOnline), it should not matter if your phone's service is accessible or not. Smiley Happy  I use it for all my refills and the phone is not needed during the process, although I'm not using refill cards so I can't speak to that option.  (I use a US based credit card to refill my account instead.)

And as nospamboz indicated, from at&t's perspective your account is not "off" until 60 days beyond the expiration date of your last refill - so you may have time to just let the funds expire and then replenish the account after your return if you prefer to take that route.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 5 of 7 (432 Views)
Contributor

I've always used my debit card to refill so I'll probably just stick with that option.

Thanks again for your replies Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 7 (426 Views)
Master

You're welcome. Smiley Happy

=^..^=

- Doug Larson

Message 7 of 7 (418 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.