Recover text messages

Contributor

Recover text messages

Is there a way to recover text messages that were mistakenly deleted from an I-Phone?

Message 1 of 7 (11,328 Views)
Employee

Re: Recover text messages

once deleted, gone forever
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 7 (11,309 Views)
Teacher

Why would you need to recover a text message?  If you need a more permanent solution to your messaging, try email.  You can keep emails on the server forever.

Message 3 of 7 (11,279 Views)
Contributor

Just maybe someone deleted it by mistake and needed to try to get it back.  Mistakes do happen.

JLaury wrote:

Why would you need to recover a text message?  If you need a more permanent solution to your messaging, try email.  You can keep emails on the server forever.

Message 4 of 7 (10,997 Views)

As far as i know. ATT don't have the capabilities to restore those deleted messages. sorry
Message 5 of 7 (10,956 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

"I hate it when that happens..." delete a text messsage by mistake or wish i could get one back.

Ive started 'locking' a text after i read or send (if i think remotely that id like to hang on to it). this way, its not erased during one of my 'swipe' modes. Right now, i have a txt saved since March 2011 (not old, yet) but something i want to hang onto.
Message 6 of 7 (10,949 Views)
Professor

Hmm , just read an interesting thing, in the folder labeled "New AT&T Messaging App"   ...see if the app this guys commented about stores text messages and make them available, even after you've deleted them from your android device.. Im not sure , but on the surface, it reads like it does...

Message 7 of 7 (10,946 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.