Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 26, 2011
7:48:50 PM
View profile
Recover text messages

Is there a way to recover text messages that were mistakenly deleted from an I-Phone?

Is there a way to recover text messages that were mistakenly deleted from an I-Phone?

Recover text messages

6 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2011 10:57:16 PM
(0)
Employee
once deleted, gone forever
once deleted, gone forever
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Recover text messages

2 of 7 (11,236 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 28, 2011 11:20:14 AM
(0)
Teacher

Why would you need to recover a text message?  If you need a more permanent solution to your messaging, try email.  You can keep emails on the server forever.

Why would you need to recover a text message?  If you need a more permanent solution to your messaging, try email.  You can keep emails on the server forever.

3 of 7 (11,206 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 6, 2011 8:42:10 AM
(0)
Contributor

Just maybe someone deleted it by mistake and needed to try to get it back.  Mistakes do happen.

JLaury wrote:

Just maybe someone deleted it by mistake and needed to try to get it back.  Mistakes do happen.

JLaury wrote:

4 of 7 (10,924 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2011 2:22:51 AM
(0)
Guru
As far as i know. ATT don't have the capabilities to restore those deleted messages. sorry
As far as i know. ATT don't have the capabilities to restore those deleted messages. sorry

5 of 7 (10,883 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2011 6:22:55 AM
(0)
Professor
"I hate it when that happens..." delete a text messsage by mistake or wish i could get one back.

Ive started 'locking' a text after i read or send (if i think remotely that id like to hang on to it). this way, its not erased during one of my 'swipe' modes. Right now, i have a txt saved since March 2011 (not old, yet) but something i want to hang onto.
"I hate it when that happens..." delete a text messsage by mistake or wish i could get one back.

Ive started 'locking' a text after i read or send (if i think remotely that id like to hang on to it). this way, its not erased during one of my 'swipe' modes. Right now, i have a txt saved since March 2011 (not old, yet) but something i want to hang onto.
Me and My DELL Streak (TED-III)

6 of 7 (10,876 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2011 6:40:21 AM
(0)
Professor

Hmm , just read an interesting thing, in the folder labeled "New AT&T Messaging App"   ...see if the app this guys commented about stores text messages and make them available, even after you've deleted them from your android device.. Im not sure , but on the surface, it reads like it does...

Hmm , just read an interesting thing, in the folder labeled "New AT&T Messaging App"   ...see if the app this guys commented about stores text messages and make them available, even after you've deleted them from your android device.. Im not sure , but on the surface, it reads like it does...

Me and My DELL Streak (TED-III)

7 of 7 (10,873 Views)