Receiving strange calls/pocket dialing

Contributor

Receiving strange calls/pocket dialing

I have tried to research this on the web but cound't seem to get any direct hit on AT&T wireless.  In any event, here is what's happening the past two weeks.  On the weekend I average received about 10 phone calls from people all of the US.  During the weekdays the calls reduced down to a couple and then everything went back to normal.  The 2nd weekend the calls returns and just this past weekend including Monday same thing.   Prior to posting this msg, I got 6 calls in 6 minutes all from different numbers.  Some calls dropped after just a couple rings and some calls actually went to my voice mail where I can actually listen to the background conversation. 

After my first episode, I contacted AT&T a handful times and the situation was being look at by the Urgent Care departement in KY.  Few days later, the rep called me and told me they had identified the issue and it was some technical malfunction at the switching board center.  I don't know what that is and simply don't care.  My question to him was to confirmed the problem and if they are going to resolve it.  Of course, they told me what I wanted to hear but the problem persist and escalated during the weekend. 

I am just curious if anyone has experienced this?  I am ready to move to another carrier and potentially filing a complaint against AT&T.  Receiving phone calls like this in the middle of the night and throughout the days are starting to get to me!

Message 1 of 2
Former Community Manager

Re: Receiving strange calls/pocket dialing

That is definitely an odd issue and not one I've seen before. 

Will you please send me a private message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you? I'd like to have someone give you a call to see what's going on here. 

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type my username in the "Send To" field.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support