Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 6, 2012
3:54:49 PM
View profile
Received text messsage from a "blocked" number
Edited by spinct on Mar 6, 2012 at 4:02:24 PM

Can someone help me understand how I can still received text messages from a blocked number?   I have smart limits set up to block this number, but a text message came through today. Please help.

Can someone help me understand how I can still received text messages from a blocked number?   I have smart limits set up to block this number, but a text message came through today. Please help.

Received text messsage from a "blocked" number

[ Edited ]
3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 13, 2012 7:46:40 AM
(0)
Tutor

I have found this as well, especially picture messaging.  But what is frustrating is that the message is not recorded online as being sent. And since I have a teen that is very reluctant to allow anyone else touch the phone I can't verify the phone # to make sure that it is the same one that is being blocked.

I have found this as well, especially picture messaging.  But what is frustrating is that the message is not recorded online as being sent. And since I have a teen that is very reluctant to allow anyone else touch the phone I can't verify the phone # to make sure that it is the same one that is being blocked.

Re: Received text message from a "blocked" number

2 of 4 (7,597 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 2, 2012 2:34:55 PM
(0)
Employee

I'm not sure why this would be happening. Can you please call AT&T Customer Care to troubleshoot this issue? Their number is 888-333-6651 or dial 611 from your wireless device.

I'm not sure why this would be happening. Can you please call AT&T Customer Care to troubleshoot this issue? Their number is 888-333-6651 or dial 611 from your wireless device.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Received text messsage from a "blocked" number

3 of 4 (6,740 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 16, 2012 11:04:02 AM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by Phil-101 on May 16, 2012 at 11:06:24 AM

that's because multimedia messages (pictures) can't be blocked, which is such [word filter avoidance] because I pay to have a number blocked and the person can just send a picture and add a message to it, I got 52 sent to me like that in an hour and a half last night, from a blocked number, that I paid to have blocked, THANKS AT&T!!! 

that's because multimedia messages (pictures) can't be blocked, which is such [word filter avoidance] because I pay to have a number blocked and the person can just send a picture and add a message to it, I got 52 sent to me like that in an hour and a half last night, from a blocked number, that I paid to have blocked, THANKS AT&T!!! 

Re: Received text messsage from a "blocked" number

[ Edited ]
4 of 4 (6,278 Views)