Helpful Links

Received text messsage from a "blocked" number

Contributor

Received text messsage from a "blocked" number

Can someone help me understand how I can still received text messages from a blocked number?   I have smart limits set up to block this number, but a text message came through today. Please help.

Message 1 of 4

Re: Received text message from a "blocked" number

I have found this as well, especially picture messaging.  But what is frustrating is that the message is not recorded online as being sent. And since I have a teen that is very reluctant to allow anyone else touch the phone I can't verify the phone # to make sure that it is the same one that is being blocked.

Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
Employee

Re: Received text messsage from a "blocked" number

I'm not sure why this would be happening. Can you please call AT&T Customer Care to troubleshoot this issue? Their number is 888-333-6651 or dial 611 from your wireless device.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 4
Contributor

Re: Received text messsage from a "blocked" number

that's because multimedia messages (pictures) can't be blocked, which is such [word filter avoidance] because I pay to have a number blocked and the person can just send a picture and add a message to it, I got 52 sent to me like that in an hour and a half last night, from a blocked number, that I paid to have blocked, THANKS AT&T!!! 

Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support