Received text messsage from a "blocked" number

Contributor

Received text messsage from a "blocked" number

[ Edited ]

Can someone help me understand how I can still received text messages from a blocked number?   I have smart limits set up to block this number, but a text message came through today. Please help.

Message 1 of 4 (8,098 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Received text message from a "blocked" number

I have found this as well, especially picture messaging.  But what is frustrating is that the message is not recorded online as being sent. And since I have a teen that is very reluctant to allow anyone else touch the phone I can't verify the phone # to make sure that it is the same one that is being blocked.

Message 2 of 4 (7,606 Views)
Employee

Re: Received text messsage from a "blocked" number

I'm not sure why this would be happening. Can you please call AT&T Customer Care to troubleshoot this issue? Their number is 888-333-6651 or dial 611 from your wireless device.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 4 (6,749 Views)
Contributor

Re: Received text messsage from a "blocked" number

[ Edited ]

that's because multimedia messages (pictures) can't be blocked, which is such [word filter avoidance] because I pay to have a number blocked and the person can just send a picture and add a message to it, I got 52 sent to me like that in an hour and a half last night, from a blocked number, that I paid to have blocked, THANKS AT&T!!! 

Message 4 of 4 (6,287 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.