Received new HTC aria in mail today, no service. What gives?

Contributor

Received new HTC aria in mail today, no service. What gives?

About a month ago, my phone fell in a pool.  We have an insurance plan with Protect Cell and after what seemed like FOREVER, I was finally able to get a new phone.  They sent me one in the mail, that says my SID card is removed and to insert one. I also had pretty much zero service, as in, barely 1 little bar in the middle of the city.  So after a week I finally got a hold of them again, they said they were sorry and sent me a new HTC aria today.  I turned it on and I get the same no SID card notice and zero service.  What do I do. I am SO sick of this.

I put the SID card that came with my original phone (that fell into the pool) into it and it's still a no go. 

Message 1 of 4
Master

Re: Received new HTC aria in mail today, no service. What gives?

Do you mean there's no SIM card? Can you go to a corporate store and get a new SIM card?
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 4
Scholar

Are you putting the SIM card that fell into the pool in the new phone?

Message 3 of 4
Professor

Similar to previous posts, I'd suggest a new SIM.  Try to get to an AT&T store and ask for a new SIM.  They are technically supposed to charge you for it ($15 or something), but will often give it to you for free.

If you are not near an AT&T store, you can call customer service and have them send you a new one (but they might make you pay for shipping).

Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support