Reasoning/Debate on AT&T merge

ACE - Professor

Reasoning/Debate on AT&T merge

Hey guys,

I'm a current T-Mobile customer and wanted to have a nice reasonable debate with the AT&T community to see how you guys are taking this recent news and for your opinions regarding this merge. Also, I've seen a couple of T-Mobile customers running around here, and thought it would only be fair to get your thought on this. Please keep it nice though.

My objective is to start a nice debate/ reasoning regarding this. I've been thinking about this the last few days, and I've seen more pro's that can actually come out of this. For example, if you are under a 2 year contract and must upgrade your phone later on to AT&It's bandwidth speeds, can't anyone just upgrade for free or for little or no cost within 13 months into their contract? The short answer would be yes, it's possible and with AT&T and T-Mobile becoming one company, this would just make it a lot easier, no?

Another point might be the rate plans. Before, any negative comments, I've read that AT&T does plan to keep T-Mobiles pricing structure. I realize that they do plan to take off the unlimited data plans and such, but when really thinking about it, does someone actually go over the 5GB limit? Does anyone go over 4GB? I really do not think anybody does, although some may argue that they are close. Unlimited is already offered on AT&It's network so I do not think they will plan on removing that any time in the future.

I've seen many people argue regarding AT&It's customer service. While I am not picking any sides regarding this, my best saying is " a customer calls support to report an issue." With this said, sometimes might get inpatient or raises their voice without realizing it. Think about this for a second. Has there ever been a time where you think you may have gotten inpatient on the phone with a representative? I'm pretty sure it's happened to many, including myself as an ex-AT&T customer, but most of the time, they were just as helpful as T-Mobiles customer service was.

A third issue I've seen is that some users have been AT&T customers and described past experiences with them as a company. What most people are not realizing now is that was the AT&T from the past and this is the present, and as such, may well deserve a second chance. I mean, the service will be better due to the additional towers, you have a nice variety of phones due to upgrades (current T-Mobile customers) or new lines (new customers). Think about this for a second, what exactly is so bad about AT&T? Do you think they deserve a second chance?

These are my 2 cents. Please let it note that I am NOT an employee of either company or defending either of them. These are my own opinions regarding the matter. I hope everyone enjoys the read. :smileyhappy:

P.S. - If the moderators or admins deem this thread inappropriate, please feel free to lock it or merge it to a simlar topic please. Smiley Happy

~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 1 of 22 (817 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: Reasoning/Debate on AT&T merge

Thanks for that Ann154. I hope AT&T keeps their promise regarding the coverage. I wish you luck as well. Smiley Happy

Hopefully we can get more user's responses here!

~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 16 of 22 (586 Views)
Master

[ Edited ]

21stNow: You're right - you sure do have a unique situation here. Either way, you are going to be "stuck" as an AT&T customer. Smiley Very Happy As for your "Android addiction", I don't blame you for wanting to go to Sprint...they have some of the best Android phones around, many of which have a slide-out keyboard rather than the virtual one most AT&T Android phones do. I know this is an issue for AT&T customers, as many would like the best of both worlds, a touch screen and a slide-out QWERTY.

Evandela: You're welcome.

Thank you for the kudos, Ann154. Smiley Happy

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 17 of 22 (570 Views)
Mentor

I stand firm in the fact that I will NEVER give AT&T a second chance, nor will I give them a first chance to get into my personal life.  Dealing with them in my business life is stress enough for me on monthly basis.  I will also be the first to say I TOLD YOU SO to all of you thinking this is going to be such a great thing when you find out it's not.  Good luck to all of you.  Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 22 (553 Views)
ACE - Professor

Hey again crystalsno,

Thank you so much for your feedback. Smiley Happy

Many thanks for the good luck. I really think a lot of AT&T and T-Mobile customers can benefit from this transition. Smiley Happy

Hopefully we can get more user's views on this matter! Smiley Wink

~Sunshine Smiley Happy
Message 19 of 22 (540 Views)
Mentor

Wild Banchi wrote

What else is there to say? :smileywink: I think that T-Mobile customers can and will benefit from this transition. It may seem very overwhelming and stressful at first, but everything is going to play out pretty smoothly, at least I think.

If I were a T-Mobile customer, I wouldn't necessarily be all that...excited about this transition, but I would take it as an opportunity to experience what other carriers are like, the service they offer, and the terms and plans there are to choose from. It really would be quite different from what you're used to. It's almost like a scavenger hunt in a way.

I disagree WB.  Very few of us Tmobiler's feel we will not benefit from the deal as many of them are EX AT&Terrible customers that have had so many bad experiences with AT&Terrible that they refuse to go back under AT&Terrible's control.  Many of us are not willing to "sit back and wait to see what happens..."  We don't want this, never asked for it, nor will we accept it.  We are going to jump ship if it happens period.  Nothing anyone can say or do will change our minds as we refuse to be controlled.  We won't be stressed, we will just avoid all the stress and control by leaving.  Such a simple feat, and easily done.  In quite a few of the posts, it was stated that if AT&Terrible became the ONLY cell phone, landline phone, internet etc we would all go back to snail mail and go without phones.  Easy.  I've lived without cell phones etc I can do it again if it means avoiding AT&Terrible at all costs. 

I think you'd agree that for us to want to avoid AT&Terrible at all costs, we've had extremely bad experiences with AT&Terrible.?

Message 20 of 22 (529 Views)
Master

crystalsno wrote:

Wild Banchi wrote

What else is there to say? :smileywink: I think that T-Mobile customers can and will benefit from this transition. It may seem very overwhelming and stressful at first, but everything is going to play out pretty smoothly, at least I think.

If I were a T-Mobile customer, I wouldn't necessarily be all that...excited about this transition, but I would take it as an opportunity to experience what other carriers are like, the service they offer, and the terms and plans there are to choose from. It really would be quite different from what you're used to. It's almost like a scavenger hunt in a way.

I disagree WB.  Very few of us Tmobiler's feel we will not benefit from the deal as many of them are EX AT&Terrible customers that have had so many bad experiences with AT&Terrible that they refuse to go back under AT&Terrible's control.  Many of us are not willing to "sit back and wait to see what happens..."  We don't want this, never asked for it, nor will we accept it.  We are going to jump ship if it happens period.  Nothing anyone can say or do will change our minds as we refuse to be controlled.  We won't be stressed, we will just avoid all the stress and control by leaving.  Such a simple feat, and easily done.  In quite a few of the posts, it was stated that if AT&Terrible became the ONLY cell phone, landline phone, internet etc we would all go back to snail mail and go without phones.  Easy.  I've lived without cell phones etc I can do it again if it means avoiding AT&Terrible at all costs. 

I think you'd agree that for us to want to avoid AT&Terrible at all costs, we've had extremely bad experiences with AT&Terrible.?

Although you are probably speaking for many, you cannot speak for all... Maybe a couple thousand or so T-Mobile customers would actually like to transition/switch to AT&T just to give 'em a try. You don't know that for sure...

Yes, if T-Mobile customers had a previous or past bad experience(s) with AT&T, I can see why they would be frustrated/would try everything just to stay or protest. I do agree on that. Smiley Wink

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 21 of 22 (451 Views)
Highlighted
Mentor

Wild Banchi wrote:

Although you are probably speaking for many, you cannot speak for all... Maybe a couple thousand or so T-Mobile customers would actually like to transition/switch to AT&T just to give 'em a try. You don't know that for sure...

You are correct, however I was judging the amount of customers from being on the Tmobile boards and what THEY themselves were stating.  Just being friendly and passing their statements along Smiley Happy

Thank you for agreeing on one aspect Smiley Happy 

Message 22 of 22 (441 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.