Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 4, 2008
9:00:27 AM
Real-world Edge performance
I connect to the internet with a Sierra 860 card all over the SW US.  I see performance that varies all over the place, and, surprisingly, it has little to do with my connection strength.

I recently came from just south of Gila Bend AZ, where I had "Very Low" strength (-79dbm), but performance was pretty good (pretty good = 254 down, 76 up).  Today I'm in Why AZ, getting -54dbm (exellent) and the performance is terrible this morning.  It's so bad I cannot even start a speed test at Speakeasy using a server in Houston.

Last night the performance was pretty good.  Wildly varying service like this makes no sense.

I connect to the internet with a Sierra 860 card all over the SW US.  I see performance that varies all over the place, and, surprisingly, it has little to do with my connection strength.

I recently came from just south of Gila Bend AZ, where I had "Very Low" strength (-79dbm), but performance was pretty good (pretty good = 254 down, 76 up).  Today I'm in Why AZ, getting -54dbm (exellent) and the performance is terrible this morning.  It's so bad I cannot even start a speed test at Speakeasy using a server in Houston.

Last night the performance was pretty good.  Wildly varying service like this makes no sense.

Real-world Edge performance

35 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(35)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 4, 2008 11:07:49 AM
(0)
Scholar
I agree with the EDGE coverage.  I am lucky in Columbus, OH I get HSPA coverage on a consistent basis (a recent test was 837Kb down and 1.4Mb up), and last Saturday in Lexington, KY on the EDGE network I was getting decent enough speeds to get some work done, by Sunday morning the speed was so slow that I just gave up.  In both cases the signal strength was decent (3-4 bars).  
I agree with the EDGE coverage.  I am lucky in Columbus, OH I get HSPA coverage on a consistent basis (a recent test was 837Kb down and 1.4Mb up), and last Saturday in Lexington, KY on the EDGE network I was getting decent enough speeds to get some work done, by Sunday morning the speed was so slow that I just gave up.  In both cases the signal strength was decent (3-4 bars).  

Re: Real-world Edge performance

2 of 36 (4,804 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 5, 2008 4:37:43 PM
(0)
Guru
My traveling experience seems to indicate that cell traffic load in your area is a big factor in EDGE performance. Remote locations with an adequate signal perform better than urban locations with a strong signal.

Another factor could be the quality of the signal. In an urban area, the signal may be bounced and reflected off of buildings, degrading it. Think of broadcast television in a large city. Oftentimes there is ghosting and other problems near downtown (high buildings) that you do not see in the suburbs.
My traveling experience seems to indicate that cell traffic load in your area is a big factor in EDGE performance. Remote locations with an adequate signal perform better than urban locations with a strong signal.

Another factor could be the quality of the signal. In an urban area, the signal may be bounced and reflected off of buildings, degrading it. Think of broadcast television in a large city. Oftentimes there is ghosting and other problems near downtown (high buildings) that you do not see in the suburbs.

3 of 36 (4,756 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 6, 2008 3:27:33 PM
(0)
Mentor
"My traveling experience seems to indicate that cell traffic load in your area is a big factor in EDGE performance. Remote locations with an adequate signal perform better than urban locations with a strong signal."

That makes sense, but, it doesn't seem to hold true for me.  I doubt that Why AZ has a whole lot of cell traffic. 

I'm now in Benson AZ, getting -59dbm. (5bars), and having to poke at web pages 2 -3 times to get them to load. It's annoying as all get outl

"My traveling experience seems to indicate that cell traffic load in your area is a big factor in EDGE performance. Remote locations with an adequate signal perform better than urban locations with a strong signal."

That makes sense, but, it doesn't seem to hold true for me.  I doubt that Why AZ has a whole lot of cell traffic. 

I'm now in Benson AZ, getting -59dbm. (5bars), and having to poke at web pages 2 -3 times to get them to load. It's annoying as all get outl

4 of 36 (4,728 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 9, 2008 8:07:36 PM
(0)
Mentor
I'm in Deming NM.  -63dbm, 5 bars at 9pm.

Edge connection is good for about 10 minutes, then 'gags' and quits.  I have to reconnect.  Sometimes it can take up to 30 seconds to Connect to ATT, but it may fail and I have click connect again. 
I'm in Deming NM.  -63dbm, 5 bars at 9pm.

Edge connection is good for about 10 minutes, then 'gags' and quits.  I have to reconnect.  Sometimes it can take up to 30 seconds to Connect to ATT, but it may fail and I have click connect again. 

5 of 36 (4,676 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 10, 2008 7:16:38 AM
(0)
Mentor
The ATT data coverage map shows what appears to be 3g service along the I-10 corridor from Las Cruces west to Deming.  I'm getting none of that.  Maybe I'm color blind and cannot tell the difference between those 2 very similar shades of blue on that map.

Jees.. can't you use a different color??
The ATT data coverage map shows what appears to be 3g service along the I-10 corridor from Las Cruces west to Deming.  I'm getting none of that.  Maybe I'm color blind and cannot tell the difference between those 2 very similar shades of blue on that map.

Jees.. can't you use a different color??

6 of 36 (4,662 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 10, 2008 5:18:44 PM
(0)
Mentor

-65dbm, very good.  Works sluggishly for maybe 5 minutes, drops internet.  3g watcher takes 30-60 seconds just to disconnect after clicking Disconnect.

Disconnect, close, restart Watcher, reconnect.  Good for another 5.  If I don't close/reopen Watcher, it will not connect.

-65dbm, very good.  Works sluggishly for maybe 5 minutes, drops internet.  3g watcher takes 30-60 seconds just to disconnect after clicking Disconnect.

Disconnect, close, restart Watcher, reconnect.  Good for another 5.  If I don't close/reopen Watcher, it will not connect.

7 of 36 (4,635 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 11, 2008 5:35:41 PM
(0)
Mentor

I can stay on the internet about 10 minutes.  Then everything locks up.  Close browser, disconnect.  Takes 30 seconds to disconnect.  Close Watcher.  Try to reconnect.. takes several attempts.

I can stay on the internet about 10 minutes.  Then everything locks up.  Close browser, disconnect.  Takes 30 seconds to disconnect.  Close Watcher.  Try to reconnect.. takes several attempts.

8 of 36 (4,601 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 11, 2008 8:07:11 PM
(0)
Mentor
oldman_ii
  Are you using an external antenna ? Makes a huge diference when on edge.
Your lockup problem might be in your settings?  firewall  settings, device manager showing extra modem, 3G dialup connection that you dont use and doesnt work but put there by software.

oldman_ii
  Are you using an external antenna ? Makes a huge diference when on edge.
Your lockup problem might be in your settings?  firewall  settings, device manager showing extra modem, 3G dialup connection that you dont use and doesnt work but put there by software.

9 of 36 (4,592 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 11, 2008 8:17:42 PM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by oldman_ii on Mar 11, 2008 at 8:19:14 PM

" Are you using an external antenna ? "

Yes, Wilson antenna and amp.  As you can see above, my signal is fine.  There are no spurious connections I'm aware of. 

I had these same problems last year traveling through rural Colorado and Wyoming.  Then, as if by magic, when I get near a city, things start working again.  EDGE exists in the sticks (along freeways) but, it just doesn't work very well.

ATT might have the 'largest data network', but it surely doesn't suit my needs.  To post this, I've made 3 attempts as my connection duration is now about 3 minutes.

Message Edited by oldman_ii on 03-11-2008 08:19:14 PM

" Are you using an external antenna ? "

Yes, Wilson antenna and amp.  As you can see above, my signal is fine.  There are no spurious connections I'm aware of. 

I had these same problems last year traveling through rural Colorado and Wyoming.  Then, as if by magic, when I get near a city, things start working again.  EDGE exists in the sticks (along freeways) but, it just doesn't work very well.

ATT might have the 'largest data network', but it surely doesn't suit my needs.  To post this, I've made 3 attempts as my connection duration is now about 3 minutes.

Message Edited by oldman_ii on 03-11-2008 08:19:14 PM

[ Edited ]
10 of 36 (4,588 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 11, 2008 9:11:59 PM
(0)
Mentor
 The reason I mention setting changes is to help on the edge network in rural areas, I live in one and ran 860 card for a year with no problems on edge network and no external antenna, now I have to run antenna and make settings changes or I go through the same lockup issues you are and I am still using it in the same room as I did before I had any problems. Im not sure what changed but somthing did. I even bought new 875 card thinking that was it but nope no differance
 The reason I mention setting changes is to help on the edge network in rural areas, I live in one and ran 860 card for a year with no problems on edge network and no external antenna, now I have to run antenna and make settings changes or I go through the same lockup issues you are and I am still using it in the same room as I did before I had any problems. Im not sure what changed but somthing did. I even bought new 875 card thinking that was it but nope no differance

11 of 36 (3,666 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 12, 2008 8:37:39 AM
(0)
Mentor
I have 3 profiles on my Sierra Watcher software:
Accelerated username:
isdpa@cingulargprs.com
Non-accelerated username:
isp@cingulargprs.com
Custom username:
Wap@cingulargprs.com
I usually use Accelerated because it works.  I got the Custom from a previous call to Cingular with these issues.  It works, sometimes.  Non-accelerated rarely works. 
There are a lot of Advanced options in these connection profiles, but I don't know what I'm doing.  Perhaps there's some setting in there.. don't know.
Thanks for your replies Taz.
Accelerated username:
isdpa@cingulargprs.com
isp@cingulargprs.com
Custom username:
Wap@cingulargprs.com
I usually use Accelerated because it works.  I got the Custom from a previous call to Cingular with these issues.  It works, sometimes.  Non-accelerated rarely works. 
There are a lot of Advanced options in these connection profiles, but I don't know what I'm doing.  Perhaps there's some setting in there.. don't know.

12 of 36 (3,655 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 13, 2008 9:54:15 AM
(0)
Former Moderator
Edited by Luckey on Mar 13, 2008 at 12:13:20 PM

oldman_ii wrote:
Accelerated username:
isdpa@cingulargprs.com
isp@cingulargprs.com
Custom username:
Wap@cingulargprs.com

Please do not use the wap.cingular APN to tether your device.  It is a violation of the Terms of Service and can result in out-of-bucket data charges. 

There is no need to have both a non-accelerated and accelerated connection profile anymore.  In the past the accelerated profile routed data through an acceleration server and the non-accelerated one didn't.  Data is now routed exactly the same, which is why the seperate profiles have been removed from the latest version of ACM.

Message Edited by Luckey on 03-13-2008 12:13:20 PM

oldman_ii wrote:
Accelerated username:
isdpa@cingulargprs.com
isp@cingulargprs.com
Custom username:
Wap@cingulargprs.com

Please do not use the wap.cingular APN to tether your device.  It is a violation of the Terms of Service and can result in out-of-bucket data charges. 

There is no need to have both a non-accelerated and accelerated connection profile anymore.  In the past the accelerated profile routed data through an acceleration server and the non-accelerated one didn't.  Data is now routed exactly the same, which is why the seperate profiles have been removed from the latest version of ACM.

Message Edited by Luckey on 03-13-2008 12:13:20 PM

[ Edited ]
13 of 36 (3,632 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 13, 2008 4:47:19 PM
(0)
Mentor
Tether?   Doesn't that mean to connect via your mobile phone?

Alpine TX. -59db, Excellent. 
Connection works well for about 10 minutes.  Drops.  Close Watcher.. reopen, takes at least a minute to find the signal.
Thinking this might be a Sierra Watcher problem, I installed CCM.  Same stuff.

Connection works well for about 10 minutes.  Drops.  Close Watcher.. reopen, takes at least a minute to find the signal.

14 of 36 (3,624 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 13, 2008 7:35:18 PM
(0)
Scholar

oldman_ii wrote:

Fine, keep using wap to connect to the internet.  Just don't complain when you get that 10K dollar bill.  BTW, did you mean Sierra Wireless instead of Watcher?  Back to your problem, it might be a power management issue.  Try disabling selective suspend on the USB Root Hub.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

oldman_ii wrote:

Fine, keep using wap to connect to the internet.  Just don't complain when you get that 10K dollar bill.  BTW, did you mean Sierra Wireless instead of Watcher?  Back to your problem, it might be a power management issue.  Try disabling selective suspend on the USB Root Hub.

15 of 36 (3,614 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 14, 2008 2:38:26 PM
(0)
Mentor

"Fine, keep using wap to connect to the internet. "

Keep using?  I didn't say that.  I really don't understand your comment about incurring large bills.  I've used it many times sans fees.

"Sierra Wireless instead of Watcher? "
3g watcher software by Sierra Wireless.

"it might be a power management issue.  Try disabling selective suspend on the USB Root Hub."
For a network card that isn't connected via USB?

"Fine, keep using wap to connect to the internet. "

Keep using?  I didn't say that.  I really don't understand your comment about incurring large bills.  I've used it many times sans fees.

"Sierra Wireless instead of Watcher? "
3g watcher software by Sierra Wireless.

"it might be a power management issue.  Try disabling selective suspend on the USB Root Hub."
For a network card that isn't connected via USB?

16 of 36 (3,591 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 15, 2008 6:43:04 AM
(0)
Mentor
 The USB issue is not a problem with the 860 card, The 875 it could be because the divers use USB even though its not connected to USB
Tom
 The USB issue is not a problem with the 860 card, The 875 it could be because the divers use USB even though its not connected to USB
Tom

17 of 36 (3,575 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 15, 2008 7:04:23 AM
(0)
Mentor
Nobody's mentioned it, but is there a program I could run to diagnose where/why this disconnection is being made?

I'll do some google searching.. I know I used to have a Tracer program that showed all the connection points to my destination. 
Nobody's mentioned it, but is there a program I could run to diagnose where/why this disconnection is being made?

I'll do some google searching.. I know I used to have a Tracer program that showed all the connection points to my destination. 

18 of 36 (3,574 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 15, 2008 7:10:51 AM
(0)
Mentor
Check in device manager and see how many modems are listed under modems and check ports com lpt and see how many are listed for sierra wireless,should be 4
Check in device manager and see how many modems are listed under modems and check ports com lpt and see how many are listed for sierra wireless,should be 4

19 of 36 (3,572 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 16, 2008 7:17:52 AM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by oldman_ii on Mar 16, 2008 at 7:20:02 AM
In Device mgr:

2:.  HSDPA and 3g Modems.

In ports:
4 Sierra Wirelss Application interface -on Com 6,8, 9, 10

Message Edited by oldman_ii on 03-16-2008 07:20:02 AM
In Device mgr:

2:.  HSDPA and 3g Modems.

In ports:
4 Sierra Wirelss Application interface -on Com 6,8, 9, 10

Message Edited by oldman_ii on 03-16-2008 07:20:02 AM

[ Edited ]
20 of 36 (3,535 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 17, 2008 4:44:58 PM
(0)
Mentor
Man aint this frustrating just spent 30 minutes typing step by step instructions to streighten out your system and when I clicked submit it went to computer heaven.
 I will try it again but this time type it out elseware and copy paste it here. Not the first time its happend
 Tom
Man aint this frustrating just spent 30 minutes typing step by step instructions to streighten out your system and when I clicked submit it went to computer heaven.
 I will try it again but this time type it out elseware and copy paste it here. Not the first time its happend
 Tom

21 of 36 (3,915 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 17, 2008 5:47:45 PM
(0)
Mentor

OK your ports are ok but you have 1 tomany modems listed, what you want to do is go back to device
manager click modems and right click on one of the modems click properties click tab diagnostics then
querry modem, do this on both modems the one that doesnt report back after querry is the one that you
delete or uninstall.
 Next delete the dial up connection the software created, In internet explorer click tools then internet
options then connections tab, should be in list somthing like 3G connection, click it then click remove
botton
 Next open windows firewall in control panel, now it depends on what flavor of windows your running but
what you want to do is add ATT connection manager to list of allowed programs, when you click on browse
it would be in C:/ progams / ATT / ATTCM.exe  and add it to list of allowed programs, check to make sure
sierra connection manager is in list allso, it should be there allready if not add it to.
 After this you want to use a connection profile of  APN  isp.cingular  no user name or password and
 dial#   *99***1#  this is for the edge network
 You can allso create a dialup connection it windows instead of eather CM's by using isp.cingular as the name
no user name or password  with  *99***1# as the phone number. Just make sure you dont run eather CM before
trying to use it, it wont work, if you do reboot and when green light is on on the 860 card click the dialup connection
isp.cingular and connect. The only draw back on the dial up connection is if you go back to using eather
CM internet explorer wants to use the dial up by defalt.
 Tom

OK your ports are ok but you have 1 tomany modems listed, what you want to do is go back to device
manager click modems and right click on one of the modems click properties click tab diagnostics then
querry modem, do this on both modems the one that doesnt report back after querry is the one that you
delete or uninstall.
 Next delete the dial up connection the software created, In internet explorer click tools then internet
options then connections tab, should be in list somthing like 3G connection, click it then click remove
botton
 Next open windows firewall in control panel, now it depends on what flavor of windows your running but
what you want to do is add ATT connection manager to list of allowed programs, when you click on browse
it would be in C:/ progams / ATT / ATTCM.exe  and add it to list of allowed programs, check to make sure
sierra connection manager is in list allso, it should be there allready if not add it to.
 After this you want to use a connection profile of  APN  isp.cingular  no user name or password and
 dial#   *99***1#  this is for the edge network
 You can allso create a dialup connection it windows instead of eather CM's by using isp.cingular as the name
no user name or password  with  *99***1# as the phone number. Just make sure you dont run eather CM before
trying to use it, it wont work, if you do reboot and when green light is on on the 860 card click the dialup connection
isp.cingular and connect. The only draw back on the dial up connection is if you go back to using eather
CM internet explorer wants to use the dial up by defalt.
 Tom

22 of 36 (3,914 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 18, 2008 6:19:07 AM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by oldman_ii on Mar 18, 2008 at 6:49:21 AM
Wow.. thanks Taz.  I'll copy these off and give it a go.  Sorry you lost your first post... hate when that happens.  Are you saying the reason for my problems is the modem configuration?

I'm in S TX and getting Gprs!  IT works, but it's real slow.

Message Edited by oldman_ii on 03-18-2008 06:49:21 AM
Wow.. thanks Taz.  I'll copy these off and give it a go.  Sorry you lost your first post... hate when that happens.  Are you saying the reason for my problems is the modem configuration?

I'm in S TX and getting Gprs!  IT works, but it's real slow.

Message Edited by oldman_ii on 03-18-2008 06:49:21 AM

[ Edited ]
23 of 36 (3,900 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 27, 2008 6:18:04 AM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by oldman_ii on Mar 27, 2008 at 6:18:32 AM
I'm in Amarillo TX and, finally,  Edge is working great!  -54dbm, Excellent, no dropped connections.  See.. see.. you have to be in an urban area. 

I still haven't made those modem changes but I promise I'll try.  Actually I don't like messing with things when they're working.

Message Edited by oldman_ii on 03-27-2008 06:18:32 AM
I'm in Amarillo TX and, finally,  Edge is working great!  -54dbm, Excellent, no dropped connections.  See.. see.. you have to be in an urban area. 

I still haven't made those modem changes but I promise I'll try.  Actually I don't like messing with things when they're working.

Message Edited by oldman_ii on 03-27-2008 06:18:32 AM

[ Edited ]
24 of 36 (3,806 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 8, 2008 7:56:40 AM
(0)
Mentor
I have made the changes recommended above with no apparent benefit.

Lake Mead, NV.
-67dbm, Edge service.
Sometimes connects quickly, sometimes takes 3-5 minutes to connect.  Says "Connecting to Cingular Accelerated" for minutes and minutes.   If it does finally connect, I may not be able to find any web pages.  It just says "finding site...<url> " .   Never finds it, displays Page cannot be found.  This can go on for an hour.

After I'm connected, but not finding web pages, I click the Disconnect button.  It can take upwards of one minute to disconnect.
This behavior seems to be worse in the afternoon.  It gets really stubborn and makes me wait a long time to get on.  I'm in a sparsely populated campground.  I've tried pulling the card and reinserting, and rebooting.

I'm am not a fan of Edge service.
I have made the changes recommended above with no apparent benefit.

Lake Mead, NV.
-67dbm, Edge service.
Sometimes connects quickly, sometimes takes 3-5 minutes to connect.  Says "Connecting to Cingular Accelerated" for minutes and minutes.   If it does finally connect, I may not be able to find any web pages.  It just says "finding site...<url> " .   Never finds it, displays Page cannot be found.  This can go on for an hour.

After I'm connected, but not finding web pages, I click the Disconnect button.  It can take upwards of one minute to disconnect.
This behavior seems to be worse in the afternoon.  It gets really stubborn and makes me wait a long time to get on.  I'm in a sparsely populated campground.  I've tried pulling the card and reinserting, and rebooting.

I'm am not a fan of Edge service.

25 of 36 (3,652 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 8, 2008 3:41:12 PM
(0)
Mentor
From what I understand cingular accelerated doesnt work any more, Have you tryed non accelerated?  What CM are you using?
The new AT&T 6.7 CM does seem to work a little better.  You could try creating a manual dialup account in windows and see if it helps in the area youre in .  AT&T or isp.cingular as name and *99***1# as phone #  no user name or password and try it if it stiil doesnt work enter ISP@CINGULARGPRS.COM  as user name and cingular1 as password. might be worth the try
From what I understand cingular accelerated doesnt work any more, Have you tryed non accelerated?  What CM are you using?
The new AT&T 6.7 CM does seem to work a little better.  You could try creating a manual dialup account in windows and see if it helps in the area youre in .  AT&T or isp.cingular as name and *99***1# as phone #  no user name or password and try it if it stiil doesnt work enter ISP@CINGULARGPRS.COM  as user name and cingular1 as password. might be worth the try

26 of 36 (3,643 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 8, 2008 10:47:48 PM
(0)
Former Moderator

tazmannusa wrote:

A username and password are no longer required to setup a profile.  The check is also disabled, so even if you do enter something, right or wrong, it won't matter.Also it's not that accelerated doesn't work anymore it's just not possible (nor has it been for years) to bypass the inline acceleration server.  This is why accelerated and non-acceleated were removed from ACM.

tazmannusa wrote:

A username and password are no longer required to setup a profile.  The check is also disabled, so even if you do enter something, right or wrong, it won't matter.Also it's not that accelerated doesn't work anymore it's just not possible (nor has it been for years) to bypass the inline acceleration server.  This is why accelerated and non-acceleated were removed from ACM.

27 of 36 (3,619 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 12, 2008 6:41:27 PM
(0)
Mentor
It has been working fine for several days, then, today, it just decided to stop connecting between 3pm and 7pm.

If I can finally connect I notice the Received count on the 3g Watcher screen is 0.  Sent is not zero.  It looks like it's Sending but not receiving.  If it's not Receiving I cannot find any web pages.

I created connection in Windows as you described.  It displayed "Registering your computer on the network" for 2 minutes.  Then returned Error 619: A connection.. could not be established." 

I did nothing but try to connect for hours.  Therefore, I must conclude it's ATT's problem.

It has been working fine for several days, then, today, it just decided to stop connecting between 3pm and 7pm.

If I can finally connect I notice the Received count on the 3g Watcher screen is 0.  Sent is not zero.  It looks like it's Sending but not receiving.  If it's not Receiving I cannot find any web pages.

I created connection in Windows as you described.  It displayed "Registering your computer on the network" for 2 minutes.  Then returned Error 619: A connection.. could not be established." 

I did nothing but try to connect for hours.  Therefore, I must conclude it's ATT's problem.

28 of 36 (3,543 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 13, 2008 5:15:26 PM
(0)
Mentor
Sunday afternoon, and it's really slow.  Why, why does this thing get nasty in the afternoon?
Sunday afternoon, and it's really slow.  Why, why does this thing get nasty in the afternoon?

29 of 36 (3,521 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 14, 2008 10:54:06 AM
(0)
Mentor
Monday morning.
The signal started out ok.. -67db, Good, but i never really got a very snappy internet connection.   I tried all manner of antenna setups, but nothing worked.
Now it's around 10am, and I'm unable to connect.  The signal strength is ok, it's just that it won't work.
11am.. working again, but incredibly slow.
Monday morning.
The signal started out ok.. -67db, Good, but i never really got a very snappy internet connection.   I tried all manner of antenna setups, but nothing worked.
Now it's around 10am, and I'm unable to connect.  The signal strength is ok, it's just that it won't work.
11am.. working again, but incredibly slow.

30 of 36 (3,502 Views)