Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 13, 2009
12:11:12 PM
View profile
Reaction to AT&T Press Release re: 3G Coverage vs. Verizon
Edited by Glomag on Nov 13, 2009 at 12:31:43 PM

Dear AT&T,

This is regarding your recent press release (http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=14002) about Verizon's 3G coverage vs. your 3G/EDGE/GPRS coverage.  While I understand your position I would like to point out that as a former customer of Verizon and a current customer of AT&T (via an iPhone), my experience with Verizon's network was much smoother.  I frequently lose 3G connections and EDGE simply too slow for me to use.  If I'm on the go and I only have an EDGE connection, I generally would rather wait until I have either a 3G or WIFI connection before doing anything involving data.  I also have what I would deem an inferior voice network compaired to Verizon because I have lost calls or haven't been able to make them (remote areas) on AT&T in while that was never true on Verizon.

I would rather see your company invest back into it's network to compete with Verizon on coverage instead of issuing press releases.  I am not alone in this (http://www.engadget.com/2009/11/12/atandt-responds-to-verizons-3g-ad-campaign-by-bragging-about-e/).  I also want to let you know that the sole reason I switched to your network was so I could get an iPhone.  Should Verizon offer an iPhone or something fairly comperable, I will be switching once my contract is up.

Sincerely,

Matt { Personal info edited for your safety - Per forum guidelines, please do not post personal information }

Message Edited by Glomag on 11-13-2009 03:31:43 PM

Dear AT&T,

This is regarding your recent press release (http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=14002) about Verizon's 3G coverage vs. your 3G/EDGE/GPRS coverage.  While I understand your position I would like to point out that as a former customer of Verizon and a current customer of AT&T (via an iPhone), my experience with Verizon's network was much smoother.  I frequently lose 3G connections and EDGE simply too slow for me to use.  If I'm on the go and I only have an EDGE connection, I generally would rather wait until I have either a 3G or WIFI connection before doing anything involving data.  I also have what I would deem an inferior voice network compaired to Verizon because I have lost calls or haven't been able to make them (remote areas) on AT&T in while that was never true on Verizon.

I would rather see your company invest back into it's network to compete with Verizon on coverage instead of issuing press releases.  I am not alone in this (http://www.engadget.com/2009/11/12/atandt-responds-to-verizons-3g-ad-campaign-by-bragging-about-e/).  I also want to let you know that the sole reason I switched to your network was so I could get an iPhone.  Should Verizon offer an iPhone or something fairly comperable, I will be switching once my contract is up.

Sincerely,

Matt { Personal info edited for your safety - Per forum guidelines, please do not post personal information }

Reaction to AT&T Press Release re: 3G Coverage vs. Verizon

[ Edited ]
8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 14, 2009 12:35:44 PM
(0)
Professor
remember this is a customer forum, att will not get your message, try planetfeedback.com

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
remember this is a customer forum, att will not get your message, try planetfeedback.com

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Reaction to AT&T Press Release re: 3G Coverage vs. Verizon

2 of 9 (257 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 14, 2009 1:14:47 PM
(0)
Former Employee
Edited by scoobydoo on Nov 15, 2009 at 7:55:45 AM
So like they would say on Engadget, I think you are a (please be courteous). AT&T invests plenty of money into their network, but it takes time, it won't get better overnight. We got 3G launched where I live this summer and every where around us.
Message Edited by scoobydoo on 11-15-2009 10:55:45 AM
So like they would say on Engadget, I think you are a (please be courteous). AT&T invests plenty of money into their network, but it takes time, it won't get better overnight. We got 3G launched where I live this summer and every where around us.
Message Edited by scoobydoo on 11-15-2009 10:55:45 AM

[ Edited ]
3 of 9 (252 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 15, 2009 7:54:03 AM
(0)
Guru
my att service is generally smooth like a babys bottom. maybe an issue here and there like every other carrier but generally smooth as silk. no ad is going to get me to switch.
my att service is generally smooth like a babys bottom. maybe an issue here and there like every other carrier but generally smooth as silk. no ad is going to get me to switch.

4 of 9 (222 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 15, 2009 11:11:18 AM
(0)
Professor
agreed, no leaving to go to vzm, plus i get a fan disc that gives me 20% off att, so no complaints.

agreed, no leaving to go to vzm, plus i get a fan disc that gives me 20% off att, so no complaints.

5 of 9 (210 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 15, 2009 12:04:44 PM
(0)
Guru
yeah 20% would be nice. Im also happy with rollover minutes. They have saved me many many times now from getting a huge overage bill.
yeah 20% would be nice. Im also happy with rollover minutes. They have saved me many many times now from getting a huge overage bill.

6 of 9 (205 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 15, 2009 12:24:46 PM
(0)
Professor
they just spent what 380B dollars for backhaul and 7.2 HSPA? They are planning on upgrading from IPV4 to IPV6 on top of that... Things like this doesn't take overnight to implement...
they just spent what 380B dollars for backhaul and 7.2 HSPA? They are planning on upgrading from IPV4 to IPV6 on top of that... Things like this doesn't take overnight to implement...

7 of 9 (202 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 16, 2009 12:43:57 PM
(0)
Contributor

@drumn_bass

That's kind of funny, because if I'm a (please be courteous) than by what you claim would be said on Engadget, the author of the article I linked would also be a (please be courteous).

I'm just not a big fan of how spotty my voice coverage has become compared to VZW and how very few places actually have 3G coverage which for me is the only acceptable data connection.

@drumn_bass

That's kind of funny, because if I'm a (please be courteous) than by what you claim would be said on Engadget, the author of the article I linked would also be a (please be courteous).

I'm just not a big fan of how spotty my voice coverage has become compared to VZW and how very few places actually have 3G coverage which for me is the only acceptable data connection.

8 of 9 (178 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 16, 2009 2:57:27 PM
(0)
Former Employee

mjlachman wrote:

Dear AT&T,

Sincerely,

From Wikipedia:

(please be courteousSmiley Wink is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

So you if you feel that you have to register on AT&T's support forum to let everybody know how much you experience with VZ was better than it is with AT&T, and leave those "very original" comments about how AT&T should invest in their network instead of suing VZ, than I believe you are a (please be courteousSmiley Wink here.

mjlachman wrote:

Dear AT&T,

Sincerely,

From Wikipedia:

(please be courteousSmiley Wink is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

So you if you feel that you have to register on AT&T's support forum to let everybody know how much you experience with VZ was better than it is with AT&T, and leave those "very original" comments about how AT&T should invest in their network instead of suing VZ, than I believe you are a (please be courteousSmiley Wink here.

9 of 9 (160 Views)