Re: billing run around and no response from AT&T.

Contributor

I feel your pain. I just spent 1/23 hours on the phone with AT&T, being transferred no less than 11 times (from Wireless, to home Phone, to Accounts Receivable, to Wireless, etc.). So here's my story...over 1 month ago I added my son to my account with a new iPhone. As part of the process, I was asked if I would like my AT&T accounts consolidated into one bill. I agreed. I watched as the AT&T store representative completed the work on the in-store computer, after which he gave me a printout with my new consolidated account number (which was my home phone account). He told me to make sure that I change the account number if I used online banking as I would no longer receive bills under the mobile number account. Sure enough, the next month (10/2/2011) I get a bill under the home phone account and pay promptly pay it and I receive no further mobile account bills. The day before yesterday I get a message...which notes that my mobile account is now $270+ past due. Miffed as I was, I went ahead and paid the $270+ bill as both of my children were traveling out of town and I didn't want any problems. Today, all of our mobile phones (4 of them) are cut-off by AT&T. When I called, the automated attendee acknowledges the payments received by AT&T and asked if there was any additional reason for my call. I was on the phone for over 1 1/2 hours, transferred from dept to dept and back again to the very same depts (different people of course)...I even was transfered once to the SouthWest customer service center (though I live in the SouthEast). Come to find out the accounts were never consolidated (though I never got another mobile account bill), and my home phone account had over $350 credit in it. At 5:30pm, I was asked to fax a copy of the cleraed online banking payment (that AT&T already acknowldged they received and processed) in order to get the mobile phones turned back on. I asked 7 seperate times if I could speak to a Manager...never connected to one. AT&T provides the absolute worst customer service of any services I use (internet, cable TV, etc. I still don't know whether I have consolidated accounts now or not, or whether I will be receiving (once again) separate bills (or not)...sure glad I didn't pull the trigger on U-verse.

Message 1 of 3 (244 Views)
Professor

An AT&T rep will be with you soon.
Message 2 of 3 (225 Views)
Former Community Manager

Hey stretch02

Will you please send me a private message with your name, account number(s), your contact phone number and the best time to contact you?

This seems like a complicated issue and I'd like to have someone contact you directly to go through all the work you've done to straighten this out and make sure everything is taken care of properly. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 3 (212 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.