Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 3, 2012
1:40:22 PM
View profile
Re: Why is my new iPhone 4 soooooo slow (3G and WiFi)?
sorry to punch in, but can you clarify about the routers. Looking for a good one because the one ATT provided us with is terrible. It's been changed like three times with little improvement. Anyhow, you mentioned the N routers? Is that the name that I should be looking for? thx
liz
sorry to punch in, but can you clarify about the routers. Looking for a good one because the one ATT provided us with is terrible. It's been changed like three times with little improvement. Anyhow, you mentioned the N routers? Is that the name that I should be looking for? thx
liz

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 4, 2012 7:33:05 AM
(0)
Guru

Since you are a new poster I'm going to give you a piece of advice. If you need help with something or have knowledge for other users it's best NOT to dredge up year(s) old threads...start your own thread.  Smiley Wink

lizbeth NIezen wrote:
liz

Since you are a new poster I'm going to give you a piece of advice. If you need help with something or have knowledge for other users it's best NOT to dredge up year(s) old threads...start your own thread.  Smiley Wink

lizbeth NIezen wrote:
liz

2 of 3 (2,241 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 4, 2012 8:33:17 AM
(0)
Master
I like Apple's airport extreme. It does run about $180 and has good controls and a guest network capability to all your friends to use your internet when they visit and keep them out of your stuff.

I use it and have three hard drives plugged into it as well as a USB printer. Apple has software that you run on a PC so they can access the drives and printers. I rarely have to do anything with it. They are also very easy to setup either via your mac, PC, or and iPhone/iPad app.

I personally have two. A newer one that is connected to my cable modem and a second one setup on the second floor that extends my range. It was very easy to configure for this. I also have a number of other wifi devices running on my network.

I would also check out Lynksys, Dlink, and a few others that are in that price range. Cheaper routers do work but I think you do get what you pay for in terms of features.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
I like Apple's airport extreme. It does run about $180 and has good controls and a guest network capability to all your friends to use your internet when they visit and keep them out of your stuff.

I use it and have three hard drives plugged into it as well as a USB printer. Apple has software that you run on a PC so they can access the drives and printers. I rarely have to do anything with it. They are also very easy to setup either via your mac, PC, or and iPhone/iPad app.

I personally have two. A newer one that is connected to my cable modem and a second one setup on the second floor that extends my range. It was very easy to configure for this. I also have a number of other wifi devices running on my network.

I would also check out Lynksys, Dlink, and a few others that are in that price range. Cheaper routers do work but I think you do get what you pay for in terms of features.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

3 of 3 (2,227 Views)