Re: Questions about upgrading?

Contributor

Hi, thanks for starting this posting. Unfortunately, those links either don't answer my question or are "not available in my area."

What I am wondering is just how when my new iPhone 4S arrives tomorrow, AT&T will switch my phone number and account information from my current iPhone 3G to my new iPhone 4S. How can I make the switch and how long does it take? And heaven forbid, does it cost anything?
Thank you.

Message 1 of 2 (1,759 Views)
Highlighted
Former Community Manager

CSottile wrote:

Hi, thanks for starting this posting. Unfortunately, those links either don't answer my question or are "not available in my area."

What I am wondering is just how when my new iPhone 4S arrives tomorrow, AT&T will switch my phone number and account information from my current iPhone 3G to my new iPhone 4S. How can I make the switch and how long does it take? And heaven forbid, does it cost anything?
Thank you.

Hi there - which link are you seeing that message on?

As for the upgrade process itself, it's very easy!

1. Turn on the new iPhone.
  2. Follow the on-screen instructions:
    1. The instructions may prompt you to connect to iTunes via a Mac or PC.
    2. If you do not have iTunes installed on your computer, download it for free atiTunes.
  3. iTunes will provide prompts for you to follow throughout the activation process, which should take no more than five minutes. 

If you'd like, you can also take your phone into a retail location and ask them to give you a hand. A heads up though, retail locations will likely be very busy and very crowded over the next few days as people line up to buy their new phones. 

As always, please feel free to come back to the forums if you have any trouble!

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2 (1,751 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.