Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 9, 2012
1:02:23 PM
View profile
Re: No Other Option But Unlimited Messaging???

A few months ago I canceled my unlimited texting plan to opt into the Messaging Pay Per Use plan as I use something like 5 text messages a month.  After canceling the unlimited plan I couldn't send or receive any texts.  Do you know why that would be?  Are there any types of messages - SMS/MMS/picture/IM/whatever types of messages that I wouldn't be able to recieve on this text messagin plan, or is there anything else special I would have to do?  This was on my iPhone.

A few months ago I canceled my unlimited texting plan to opt into the Messaging Pay Per Use plan as I use something like 5 text messages a month.  After canceling the unlimited plan I couldn't send or receive any texts.  Do you know why that would be?  Are there any types of messages - SMS/MMS/picture/IM/whatever types of messages that I wouldn't be able to recieve on this text messagin plan, or is there anything else special I would have to do?  This was on my iPhone.

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 17, 2012 10:18:00 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Ask a moderator to move your post to the iPhone section of the forum.  If you are using an iPhone that has iMessage(?), I think that there is a setting that will only allow other iMessages to come in, and not traditional text messages.  The other people on that forum are more familiar with this and can give you suggestions.

Ask a moderator to move your post to the iPhone section of the forum.  If you are using an iPhone that has iMessage(?), I think that there is a setting that will only allow other iMessages to come in, and not traditional text messages.  The other people on that forum are more familiar with this and can give you suggestions.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

2 of 4 (486 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 17, 2012 11:02:26 AM
(0)
Guru
Call customer service since we can't tell because we can't see your account. That's your best bet.
Call customer service since we can't tell because we can't see your account. That's your best bet.

3 of 4 (477 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 17, 2012 2:01:55 PM
(0)
Expert

dubthedankest wrote:

there is a setting in imessage that will allow you to turn off regular texting and just send it tthough imessage, there are limitations - imessage will only send to other iphones with imessage you will not be able to text anyone that does not have a iphone with the imessage app on it

The setting is in the Imessage configuration panel under settings

dubthedankest wrote:

there is a setting in imessage that will allow you to turn off regular texting and just send it tthough imessage, there are limitations - imessage will only send to other iphones with imessage you will not be able to text anyone that does not have a iphone with the imessage app on it

The setting is in the Imessage configuration panel under settings

4 of 4 (458 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments