Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 29, 2011
11:11:33 AM
View profile
Re: Amazon Wireless Discounts
Looking at the HTC Inspire on Amazon for $0.01, is this an old phone?

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 29, 2011 2:02:42 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
I wouldn't call the Inspire "old". It's just not new, or the latest and greatest. Nevertheless, I believe that it's still a very nice phone. I played around with one on Tuesday at Target and it felt very solid and I like how the four Android buttons work compared to my Samsung Captivate Android phone.

It was released on February 13th earlier this year. http://forums.att.com/t5/HTC/HTC-Inspire-4G-RELEASED-TODAY/m-p/2678995/highlight/true#M133417

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

I wouldn't call the Inspire "old". It's just not new, or the latest and greatest. Nevertheless, I believe that it's still a very nice phone. I played around with one on Tuesday at Target and it felt very solid and I like how the four Android buttons work compared to my Samsung Captivate Android phone.

It was released on February 13th earlier this year. http://forums.att.com/t5/HTC/HTC-Inspire-4G-RELEASED-TODAY/m-p/2678995/highlight/true#M133417

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

2 of 8 (467 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 31, 2011 5:18:37 AM
(0)
Expert
Edited by wingrider01 on Dec 31, 2011 at 5:18:54 AM

Wild Banchi wrote:

/grin in technology, feburary makes it ancient, most technology is considered old about 30 days after you buy it becasue someone is always releaseing something new, better and faster to replace it.

Wild Banchi wrote:

/grin in technology, feburary makes it ancient, most technology is considered old about 30 days after you buy it becasue someone is always releaseing something new, better and faster to replace it.

[ Edited ]
3 of 8 (448 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 31, 2011 7:49:56 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

wingrider01 wrote:

Wild Banchi wrote:

Ancient? I would label the flip phones from the early to mid-2000's as ancient.

I can agree that phone manufacturers are always on the move of building and releasing something that's bigger and better than their previous predecessors, but some new phones aren't always the greatest. For example, I prefer the Inspire over the Vivid.

I have phones that were released in mid-2009 and mid-2010, and I still enjoy using them. I'm always on the lookout for my next upgrade, though. I keep my phones until they see the darkness at the end of the tunnel.

Say, didn't you mention before that you have [had] an Inspire? How well do you like it?

wingrider01 wrote:

Wild Banchi wrote:

I can agree that phone manufacturers are always on the move of building and releasing something that's bigger and better than their previous predecessors, but some new phones aren't always the greatest. For example, I prefer the Inspire over the Vivid.

I have phones that were released in mid-2009 and mid-2010, and I still enjoy using them. I'm always on the lookout for my next upgrade, though. I keep my phones until they see the darkness at the end of the tunnel.

Say, didn't you mention before that you have [had] an Inspire? How well do you like it?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 8 (442 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 31, 2011 10:39:03 AM
(0)
Expert
Edited by wingrider01 on Dec 31, 2011 at 10:41:50 AM

Wild Banchi wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

Wild Banchi wrote:

no the flip phone is arcahicSmiley Happy  don;t get me wrong the phones are still usable, but in techology age calculations anything over 6 months is ancient

I have a personal inspire and have 14 others in employee or developers hands, have heard no complaints about the phone from either the employees or the developers, to me it is a phone, long as it dows what I need it is acceptable. Lucky to stay in a rea that has pretty good HSPA+ coverage so have no complaints in that section. They all tested CarrierIQ free also.

Wild Banchi wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

Wild Banchi wrote:

no the flip phone is arcahicSmiley Happy  don;t get me wrong the phones are still usable, but in techology age calculations anything over 6 months is ancient

I have a personal inspire and have 14 others in employee or developers hands, have heard no complaints about the phone from either the employees or the developers, to me it is a phone, long as it dows what I need it is acceptable. Lucky to stay in a rea that has pretty good HSPA+ coverage so have no complaints in that section. They all tested CarrierIQ free also.

[ Edited ]
5 of 8 (437 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 31, 2011 11:03:24 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Like I mentioned earlier in this thread about the Inspire, I've had Samsung phones for the past year-and-a-half and I've been thinking about getting another one - the Galaxy S II or Skyrocket to be specific. I liked the feel and build quality of the Inspire, but I wish it had a front-facing camera so that I could try out video apps such as Skype. I will add it to my list.

Like I mentioned earlier in this thread about the Inspire, I've had Samsung phones for the past year-and-a-half and I've been thinking about getting another one - the Galaxy S II or Skyrocket to be specific. I liked the feel and build quality of the Inspire, but I wish it had a front-facing camera so that I could try out video apps such as Skype. I will add it to my list.

6 of 8 (434 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 31, 2011 1:05:23 PM
(0)
Mentor

Frizz44 wrote:

Like already mentioned, it is old in terms of technological advances.  However, if price is an issue you cannot beat the deal.  Considering many new android phones are coming out with dual core processors, and may end up getting ICS (next update to Android after Gingerbread which Inspire is currently running), it might be worth holding out a little longer for prices to drop.  And keep an eye out.  Sometimes various companies (best buy, walmart???, amazon, etc) will offer a special giving you exceptional deals on new tech.  Most importantly know what you want and do your research ahead of time.

Frizz44 wrote:

Like already mentioned, it is old in terms of technological advances.  However, if price is an issue you cannot beat the deal.  Considering many new android phones are coming out with dual core processors, and may end up getting ICS (next update to Android after Gingerbread which Inspire is currently running), it might be worth holding out a little longer for prices to drop.  And keep an eye out.  Sometimes various companies (best buy, walmart???, amazon, etc) will offer a special giving you exceptional deals on new tech.  Most importantly know what you want and do your research ahead of time.

7 of 8 (430 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 3, 2012 11:53:29 AM
(0)
Tutor

I would consider the Inspire an old phone. It doesn't have all the features newer phones now have and new phones coming out will have. So if you're looking for the latest greatest, the Inspire is not the right pick. If you're looking to save some major cash then I would definitely take advantage of the Amazon Wireless price. 

This forum talks about additional discounts you can get from ordering on Amazon Wireless ..

http://forums.att.com/t5/The-Wireless-Lounge/Amazon-Wireless-Discounts/td-p/2966399/page/3

I would consider the Inspire an old phone. It doesn't have all the features newer phones now have and new phones coming out will have. So if you're looking for the latest greatest, the Inspire is not the right pick. If you're looking to save some major cash then I would definitely take advantage of the Amazon Wireless price. 

This forum talks about additional discounts you can get from ordering on Amazon Wireless ..

http://forums.att.com/t5/The-Wireless-Lounge/Amazon-Wireless-Discounts/td-p/2966399/page/3

8 of 8 (404 Views)