Re: AT&T, privacy, and business ethics

Highlighted
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here's one for somebody:

I'm getting email from AT&T Customer Care for Wireless 

directed at someone called Raul S.

It may contain some personal information, I'm not sure.

Past Due Amount: $126.43
Total Amount Due: $126.43
Account Number: 
Date: 05/06/12

The problem is this: I live in New Zealand, and I don't believe AT&T provide service to remote areas of the South Island.

I don't know who the Raul person is, and I'm really getting tired of receiving these email.

I've tried everything on the web site to contact AT&T short of using the phone, and I'm reluctant to spend my money to place a long-distance call to have them correct their mistake.

I was thinking maybe I could just post all the information in the email to some forum somewhere in hopes that this Raul person will eventually get it. Or perhaps we should just pass this by the AT&T legal department?

Anybody?

{edited to comply with guidelines}

Message 1 of 4 (1,021 Views)
Master

rchuso wrote:

Here's one for somebody:

I'm getting email from AT&T Customer Care for Wireless 

directed at someone called Raul S.

It may contain some personal information, I'm not sure.

Past Due Amount: $126.43
Total Amount Due: $126.43
Account Number: 
Date: 05/06/12

The problem is this: I live in New Zealand, and I don't believe AT&T provide service to remote areas of the South Island.

I don't know who the Raul person is, and I'm really getting tired of receiving these email.

I've tried everything on the web site to contact AT&T short of using the phone, and I'm reluctant to spend my money to place a long-distance call to have them correct their mistake.

I was thinking maybe I could just post all the information in the email to some forum somewhere in hopes that this Raul person will eventually get it. Or perhaps we should just pass this by the AT&T legal department?

Anybody?

{edited to comply with guidelines}

Reach out to Jamileh.  She can probably help you.  http://forums.wireless.att.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/2548143

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 2 of 4 (999 Views)
Contributor

She's the one who moved it to this separate thread.

Hopefully I've made my point and this will get addressed.

Otherwise I'll find a forum somewhere and just post the email as they come in.

Message 3 of 4 (842 Views)
Master

I would still reach out to her if you would like the situation to stop. I woud also do it becasue someone may have used your identity to open the account??????

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 4 of 4 (835 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.