Rangu's Law

Rangu's Law

I have a great idea for next year. AT&T makes billions of dollars. They can afford to purchase an additional 1,000 phones and store them for the first month. This way when they drop the ball they can make it right for up to 1,000 customers. After the pre orders are all filled, they can return the phones into inventory to be sold.

I mean come on! If every year you make the same mistakes shame on you! I don't ask to be compensated for this idea.. I just ask you name it Rangu's Law.
Message 1 of 7 (263 Views)
Scholar

Re: Rangu's Law

Rangu Valentine wrote:
I have a great idea for next year. AT&T makes billions of dollars. They can afford to purchase an additional 1,000 phones and store them for the first month. This way when they drop the ball they can make it right for up to 1,000 customers. After the pre orders are all filled, they can return the phones into inventory to be sold.

I mean come on! If every year you make the same mistakes shame on you! I don't ask to be compensated for this idea.. I just ask you name it Rangu's Law.

I reckon the problem doesn't have anything to do with lack of funds to purchase additional phones. AT&T would probably be happy to purchase a 100,000 more. However, Apple can only manufacture so much and they need to divide the stock among Apple, AT&T, Verizon and Sprint.

Message 2 of 7 (228 Views)
Mentor

Rangu Valentine wrote:

Rangu for president!

Message 3 of 7 (218 Views)

AT&T sold 200K pre-orders in just 12 hours this time around. Even if that rate dropped off in the following 12 hours, they probably sold at least 300K iPhones - their most successful iPhone launch yet - in 24 hours. Apple sold over a million of these items worldwide. This is a bit like Christmas, except that Apple is Santa Claus and the carriers are its elves.

Like Santa, it's a fantasy to believe that everyone who orders is going to be completely happy with how things go, how orders are processed. I'm predicting that virtually everyone who wants an iPhone (and can afford to pay for one) will have one - but it'll be a month from now. Apple has probably the most advanced manufacturing and supply chain organization on the planet, and they are making iPhones as fast as any company could. No other single model of phone creates this kind of hysteria around one of its launches. People should try to calm down a little and remember that this is not the end of the world. 

Message 4 of 7 (205 Views)
Expert

Amen, Bro Brown!

Message 5 of 7 (201 Views)
Mentor

BBrown what are you talking about, I'm always happy when Santa comes!!!

Message 6 of 7 (133 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

BadBadLeroyBrown wrote:
People should try to calm down a little and remember that this is not the end of the world. 

Right, that's next Friday.  Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 7 (114 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.