Raise and lower data tier plan

Teacher

Raise and lower data tier plan

Is it possible to raise and lower your data tier plan? I currently have the 3 GB limit but rarely use more that 50 MBs a month. I was wondering if I could lower it to the 300 MBs limit but then raise it back up if I was traveling. If this is allowed is there a limit to how many times you could do it a month?

Message 1 of 3
Professor

Re: Raise and lower data tier plan

You can change your data plan whenever you want, although I don't know if there is a limit to the number of times per month. I also would wonder if changing your data plan would affect your upgrade elegibility date. I know some plan changes will push the date back, but I'm not sure what kind of change has to be made for that to happen.

Message 2 of 3
Expert

Re: Raise and lower data tier plan

Max69 wrote:

You can change your data plan whenever you want, although I don't know if there is a limit to the number of times per month. I also would wonder if changing your data plan would affect your upgrade elegibility date. I know some plan changes will push the date back, but I'm not sure what kind of change has to be made for that to happen.

Suspec that changing plans multiple times in a billing cycle will also generate a ton of prorated charges

Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support