Raise and lower data tier plan

Teacher

Raise and lower data tier plan

Is it possible to raise and lower your data tier plan? I currently have the 3 GB limit but rarely use more that 50 MBs a month. I was wondering if I could lower it to the 300 MBs limit but then raise it back up if I was traveling. If this is allowed is there a limit to how many times you could do it a month?

Message 1 of 3 (628 Views)
Professor

Re: Raise and lower data tier plan

You can change your data plan whenever you want, although I don't know if there is a limit to the number of times per month. I also would wonder if changing your data plan would affect your upgrade elegibility date. I know some plan changes will push the date back, but I'm not sure what kind of change has to be made for that to happen.

Message 2 of 3 (602 Views)
Expert

Re: Raise and lower data tier plan

Max69 wrote:

You can change your data plan whenever you want, although I don't know if there is a limit to the number of times per month. I also would wonder if changing your data plan would affect your upgrade elegibility date. I know some plan changes will push the date back, but I'm not sure what kind of change has to be made for that to happen.

Suspec that changing plans multiple times in a billing cycle will also generate a ton of prorated charges

Message 3 of 3 (599 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.