Helpful Links

Quick Question

Quick Question

I am giving my iPhone 3GS to my brother-in-law.  He currently is an AT&T customer, but is not eligible for an upgrade yet.  We know that he will have to add the iPhone data plan to his account.  My question is, will he need to call AT&T directly to do that, or can he put his sim card in the phone, add the data plan online and then sync the phone to iTunes?  Or does he just put the sim card in, sync it to itunes and let AT&T add the data plan for him? 

Thank you!

Message 1 of 5

Re: Quick Question

All AT&T,  tell them what you are doing and declare a data plan..

This way everyone is on the same page.

Message 2 of 5
ACE - Expert

He won't be able to add an iphone data plan on-line until the on-line system shows that his device is an iphone. I believe that happens automatically at some point after he puts his sim card in the iphone but may not happen right away. It could take hours to days for the system to update on it's own. The quickest way is to call and give them the IMEI of the iphone and have them add the data plan.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 5
Professor

yes cal lAT&T have them add it and your done.

Message 4 of 5

Thank youSmiley Happy  That is what we did.  It took 5 minutes and was painless.  Thanks for the help.

Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support