Quick Question..

Quick Question..

I just purchased the Pantech Impact a couple of days ago, along with the $50 a month unlimated talk, text, and data plan. I'm just making sure that this phone is in deed an acceptable device for the unlimated data.. Also, there are roaming charges in the U.S., right?

Thanks in advance!

Jon

Message 1 of 16 (480 Views)
Guru

Re: Quick Question..

Hi joncmorris10, the phone you purchased being a messaging phone is compatible with the monthly unlimited plan, as for roaming I know it's limited for Go Phone accounts not too sure of charges though.

Message 2 of 16 (469 Views)
Professor

AFAIK, there's roaming charges in Canada and Mexico. In the US, there is no roaming charge ever mentioned by AT&T.

Message 3 of 16 (456 Views)
Master

There are no roaming charges in the United States (although prepaid customers generally cannot roam on other carrier's network anyway).  As already noted, for the two areas where GoPhone customers do have roaming access (Canada and Mexico) there would be additional roaming charges incurred. Smiley Happy

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 4 of 16 (450 Views)
Guru

The TOS for prepaid says there is limited off network usage, but it never states specifically how limited.

Message 5 of 16 (447 Views)
Master

[ Edited ]

Razr8 wrote:

The TOS for prepaid says there is limited off network usage, but it never states specifically how limited.

Yes - my interpretation would be that statement is basically a "disclaimer" by at&t to make it known to prepaid customers that generally speaking they will not have roaming access. Smiley Happy  (IIRC there may be one or two small geographic areas where at&t PayGo customers do have roaming ability - probably having to do with carrier acquisitions, existing roaming agreements, etc.  They still would not incur roaming fees for service within the US.)

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 6 of 16 (436 Views)
Master

Enjoy using your unlimited feature phone data! Had you chosen a smartphone with the $50 Unlimited plan, you would have had to purchase a separate data package, which would not be unlimited... Smart choice! Smiley Wink

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 7 of 16 (431 Views)
Guru

If the coverage map for my state is accurate I'd have to go a long way before I was off network, actually I'd have to go way out of state before I started roaming. The limitiations for prepaid do not affect me in any way, I just can't help but wonder about how AT&T operates sometimes.

Message 8 of 16 (430 Views)

I meant to put "there is no roaming charges in the U.S., right?" instead of "there is", lol. But thanks for the responses guys! I ordered the phone Thursday night for my girlfriend, who lives in a pretty dead service area for anything but AT&T.. and being only 17, I really didn't wanna sign a contract, so GoPhone looked like the most viable option. I hope it works for her, and the service is good there.. according to the coverage map it is.. so yeah. Thanks again, for all the answers!

& yes, I was going to purchase one of the smartphones, until I realized that the $50 didn't cover the unlimated data on those.. shame, considering Boost's does, but oh well.

Also, thus phone is 3G capapble.. so will she still be able to get 3G with the unlimated data plan?

- Jon

Message 9 of 16 (426 Views)
Master

You're welcome for the input. Your girlfriend WILL be able to get 3G data speeds with the unlimited data portion of the plan, yes.

Message 10 of 16 (420 Views)

Ok, awesome.. thanks, wild!
Message 11 of 16 (375 Views)
Highlighted
Master

You're welcome. Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 16 (373 Views)

So, I just got my phone.. but not my $50 card that I ordered. On the recipt that was sent to my email, it is included.. but on the one mailed, it is not. However, it charged me for it on both.. Help??

Message 13 of 16 (363 Views)
Master

The card should be coming separately in the mail shortly on its own. You will likely get a receipt when the card arrives.

As far as the charges go, that does not seem right. You could either wait for the card to arrive and then get everything together and sorted out, or just call customer service whenever you choose from your phone (611) or from a landline telephone at 1-800-331-0500. Ask what the error was and if another $50 can be credited back to you, considering you said that you were double charged for the airtime card.

Message 14 of 16 (360 Views)

I was meaning to say that the $50 card wasn't in the item list on the recipt with the phone, yet the price of it was still included in the total.. Sorry for the confusion. But ok, I was wondering that.. but thought it odd that it wasn't just shipped with the phone.. But anyways, thanks to everyone, especially you ^^.. you guys have been most helpful.. much more so than customer service.. Man Tongue.

Thanks!

-Jon 

Message 15 of 16 (358 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.