Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 18, 2011
2:29:34 PM
View profile
Questions reg Monthly 50$ Unlimited Talk Text Plan

Hi ! 

I purchased a prepaid card with the 50$ unlimited talk & text monthly plan yesterday  at a ATT corporate store. I also added a 50$ refill. I have the following questions : 

1. I believe that I will have to refill my account with 50$ every month to continue with my plan. If I refill using a 100$ card will that carry on for 2 months ? 

2. The plan mentions that unused minutes will be rolled-over to the next billing cycle. Does this have any significance with an Unlimited plan ? 

3. I found that certain websites sell the 50$ cards for 48$ without tax, while I had to pay 54$ for my initial refil. Is is legal / proper to purchase those cards ? 

4. This plan charges 25cents for text messages to certain counties. So if I send texts from where will this amount be deducted ? Should I add more money to my account before texting ? 

5. I would like to know what would happen if I put in a refill value of 30$ instead of 50$ ? 

Thanks for any help. 

Hi ! 

I purchased a prepaid card with the 50$ unlimited talk & text monthly plan yesterday  at a ATT corporate store. I also added a 50$ refill. I have the following questions : 

1. I believe that I will have to refill my account with 50$ every month to continue with my plan. If I refill using a 100$ card will that carry on for 2 months ? 

2. The plan mentions that unused minutes will be rolled-over to the next billing cycle. Does this have any significance with an Unlimited plan ? 

3. I found that certain websites sell the 50$ cards for 48$ without tax, while I had to pay 54$ for my initial refil. Is is legal / proper to purchase those cards ? 

4. This plan charges 25cents for text messages to certain counties. So if I send texts from where will this amount be deducted ? Should I add more money to my account before texting ? 

5. I would like to know what would happen if I put in a refill value of 30$ instead of 50$ ? 

Thanks for any help. 

Questions reg Monthly 50$ Unlimited Talk Text Plan

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 18, 2011 3:22:53 PM
(0)
Guru

Yes, the $100 will cover two months, the rollover minutes do not apply to the monthly plan. I wouldn't take a chance on those lower priced refill cards and the 25 cents would be deducted from your account so you'll need something in your account to cover that. And if you refill with just $30 nothing would happen as long as you have enough in your account to pay your monthly fee. AT&T also charges a 75 cent monthly 911 fee so make sure you have little extra to take care of that.

Yes, the $100 will cover two months, the rollover minutes do not apply to the monthly plan. I wouldn't take a chance on those lower priced refill cards and the 25 cents would be deducted from your account so you'll need something in your account to cover that. And if you refill with just $30 nothing would happen as long as you have enough in your account to pay your monthly fee. AT&T also charges a 75 cent monthly 911 fee so make sure you have little extra to take care of that.

Re: Questions reg Monthly 50$ Unlimited Talk Text Plan

2 of 8 (3,507 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 18, 2011 3:24:09 PM
(0)
Guru

BTW, I too have the $50 monthly plan and I think it's great Smiley Happy

BTW, I too have the $50 monthly plan and I think it's great Smiley Happy

3 of 8 (3,507 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 18, 2011 8:31:05 PM
(0)
Contributor

I had the unlimited Talk+Txt for $60 for the past few years and just the other day I heard about the option to pick the $50 Unltd talk+txt, supposedly everything stays the same - you just save $10. 

Far from the truth..

Immediately, after I updated it to the "new plan" I noticed my bars being low and I was barely getting service.. I didn't understand why so I restarted my phone and it was still doing the same thing.. I could be anywhere and  I would have one bar at the most.. sometimes two, but before you know it - its back to "No Service" - I used to just about NEVER loose service even at the worst locations....?!?!?

It was really irritating me to the point where I thought, well maybe there's just something wrong with the phone. I went ahead and restored all the settings, basically, updated the phone to its factory settings... started up... same thing!!?

Anyone - PLEASE!!!! HELP ME WITH THIS PROBLEM..................... 

(btw., I did hear the message said if I switch to this plan, that I will not be able to go back to the old plan, which was odd to begin with - just why would it say that in the 1st place..)

I had the unlimited Talk+Txt for $60 for the past few years and just the other day I heard about the option to pick the $50 Unltd talk+txt, supposedly everything stays the same - you just save $10. 

Far from the truth..

Immediately, after I updated it to the "new plan" I noticed my bars being low and I was barely getting service.. I didn't understand why so I restarted my phone and it was still doing the same thing.. I could be anywhere and  I would have one bar at the most.. sometimes two, but before you know it - its back to "No Service" - I used to just about NEVER loose service even at the worst locations....?!?!?

It was really irritating me to the point where I thought, well maybe there's just something wrong with the phone. I went ahead and restored all the settings, basically, updated the phone to its factory settings... started up... same thing!!?

Anyone - PLEASE!!!! HELP ME WITH THIS PROBLEM..................... 

(btw., I did hear the message said if I switch to this plan, that I will not be able to go back to the old plan, which was odd to begin with - just why would it say that in the 1st place..)

4 of 8 (3,484 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 18, 2011 8:53:58 PM
(0)
Guru

That's an odd problem you seem to be having, but I don't think the switch in plan is the cause, I switched plans 3 times and all went very smoothly. Contact customer care and ask if the change has been acknowledged and ask if there is service interruption in you area. I too heard the "you can't change back" message, my guess would be since the introduction of the new lower fee monthly plan there would be no need for the other more expensive plans.

That's an odd problem you seem to be having, but I don't think the switch in plan is the cause, I switched plans 3 times and all went very smoothly. Contact customer care and ask if the change has been acknowledged and ask if there is service interruption in you area. I too heard the "you can't change back" message, my guess would be since the introduction of the new lower fee monthly plan there would be no need for the other more expensive plans.

5 of 8 (3,476 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 19, 2011 7:03:37 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Razr8 wrote:

I wouldn't take a chance on those lower priced refill cards...

Most definitely neither would I. They likely could be a scam where the seller takes your money and does not sell you the card. Unless they are a "trusted seller" on eBay or another retail site, I would feel a little more comfortable, but I still would not take a chance. In my opinion, it's better to pay a couple bucks more to buy local - ensuring that you have bought the card safely and worry-free.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Razr8 wrote:

I wouldn't take a chance on those lower priced refill cards...

Most definitely neither would I. They likely could be a scam where the seller takes your money and does not sell you the card. Unless they are a "trusted seller" on eBay or another retail site, I would feel a little more comfortable, but I still would not take a chance. In my opinion, it's better to pay a couple bucks more to buy local - ensuring that you have bought the card safely and worry-free.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 8 (3,465 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 19, 2011 9:18:43 AM
(0)
Guru

Agreed, an official refill card from a reputable vendor would be best in the long run. I myself usually refill my account by dialing 611 and going through AT&T's automated system, I have also switched plans this way without any problems.

Agreed, an official refill card from a reputable vendor would be best in the long run. I myself usually refill my account by dialing 611 and going through AT&T's automated system, I have also switched plans this way without any problems.

7 of 8 (3,452 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 20, 2011 5:10:17 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

mbk24 wrote:

Hi ! 

Thanks for any help. 

There is nothing wrong with purchasing the price discounted refill cards - although as previously mentioned, do so with some degree of caution.  There are several well-known sites that sell them - and as long as you are only getting a slight discount and using a reputable vendor, they should be fine.  ($48 on a $50 card is only a 4% discount - that's not much; personally, I'd question anything higher than 10% discount since they are selling something that is a GoPhone cash equivalent.)

Nothing illegal or improper about purchasing the refills this way.  Just be aware of the sales/use tax laws in your state - you may be required to pay sales/use tax on the purchase of cellular service (many states now use an estimate method on their state income tax returns for reporting out of state/catalog/internet purchases).

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

mbk24 wrote:

Hi ! 

Thanks for any help. 

There is nothing wrong with purchasing the price discounted refill cards - although as previously mentioned, do so with some degree of caution.  There are several well-known sites that sell them - and as long as you are only getting a slight discount and using a reputable vendor, they should be fine.  ($48 on a $50 card is only a 4% discount - that's not much; personally, I'd question anything higher than 10% discount since they are selling something that is a GoPhone cash equivalent.)

Nothing illegal or improper about purchasing the refills this way.  Just be aware of the sales/use tax laws in your state - you may be required to pay sales/use tax on the purchase of cellular service (many states now use an estimate method on their state income tax returns for reporting out of state/catalog/internet purchases).

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

8 of 8 (3,422 Views)