Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 18, 2011
5:25:21 PM
View profile
Questions about prepaid droids

Got some questions want to see if I can get answers, tired of talking to ppl that don't really have a clue figure actual customers are best ones to get answers from, cuz you will tell me how it really is not how it is 'supposed to be'

I am looking to get the avail android on gophone

1:if I pay up on time will the remaining minutes from the 25 a month plan rollover?

2: if paid up on time will the data left over from data pack rollover ? 

3: and if data rolls over do I have to purchase same price plan each month (i.e.. I buy 500mb plan but only use 200mb if I buy a $5 plan '10mb I believe' will it still rollover my remaining data, then I can just refill a larger data plan when needed?

4: if I run out of data before the end of the month will phone still work for calls/texts?

5: I assume that unlimited texting means to any cell phone on any carrier within the U.S.?

6: I am new to androids (smartphones period) and was wandering are the apps for androids compatible with all androids no matter the manufacturer of the phone?

7: anyones general opinion on the avail (I know its the cheapest droid the have atm. I don't want to just be told to buy a more expensive one. I looking for answer from ppl that actually have had or do have one. and want to know their opinions on it

Got some questions want to see if I can get answers, tired of talking to ppl that don't really have a clue figure actual customers are best ones to get answers from, cuz you will tell me how it really is not how it is 'supposed to be'

1:if I pay up on time will the remaining minutes from the 25 a month plan rollover?

2: if paid up on time will the data left over from data pack rollover ? 

3: and if data rolls over do I have to purchase same price plan each month (i.e.. I buy 500mb plan but only use 200mb if I buy a $5 plan '10mb I believe' will it still rollover my remaining data, then I can just refill a larger data plan when needed?

4: if I run out of data before the end of the month will phone still work for calls/texts?

5: I assume that unlimited texting means to any cell phone on any carrier within the U.S.?

6: I am new to androids (smartphones period) and was wandering are the apps for androids compatible with all androids no matter the manufacturer of the phone?

7: anyones general opinion on the avail (I know its the cheapest droid the have atm. I don't want to just be told to buy a more expensive one. I looking for answer from ppl that actually have had or do have one. and want to know their opinions on it

Questions about prepaid droids

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 18, 2011 6:04:40 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
A large range of questions, I see. Smiley Tongue

1. No, the minutes for the $25/monthly plan do not roll over month-to-month.
2. Yes, remaining data from an existing data package will roll over if you add another package before it expires.
3. Nope, you do not have to purchase data packages of the same allotment. You can mix it up like you wanted to, making it work for your desired usage.
4. Yes, your phone will still be able to call send/receive text messages if your data package expires.
5. Yes, that's correct. Any messaging outside of the U.S. could cost extra.
6. Yes, most Android apps are able to work on all Android-powered smartphones. Some work better on others, but they all should work the same.
7. Don't know much about the Avail, so I'm not very helpful on that subject.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

A large range of questions, I see. Smiley Tongue

1. No, the minutes for the $25/monthly plan do not roll over month-to-month.
2. Yes, remaining data from an existing data package will roll over if you add another package before it expires.
3. Nope, you do not have to purchase data packages of the same allotment. You can mix it up like you wanted to, making it work for your desired usage.
4. Yes, your phone will still be able to call send/receive text messages if your data package expires.
5. Yes, that's correct. Any messaging outside of the U.S. could cost extra.
6. Yes, most Android apps are able to work on all Android-powered smartphones. Some work better on others, but they all should work the same.
7. Don't know much about the Avail, so I'm not very helpful on that subject.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Questions about prepaid droids

2 of 3 (192 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 18, 2011 6:10:30 PM
(0)
Scholar

prowler19762001 wrote:

1:if I pay up on time will the remaining minutes from the 25 a month plan rollover? No.

2: if paid up on time will the data left over from data pack rollover ? Yes.

3: and if data rolls over do I have to purchase same price plan each month (i.e.. I buy 500mb plan but only use 200mb if I buy a $5 plan '10mb I believe' will it still rollover my remaining data, then I can just refill a larger data plan when needed? No, you don't have to purchase the same plan each month. Any data package will do. Right now, I still haven't run through the $25/500MB package I bought a couple of months ago and have just been rolling over the balance using the $5/10MB package.

4: if I run out of data before the end of the month will phone still work for calls/texts? Yes.

5: I assume that unlimited texting means to any cell phone on any carrier within the U.S.? Yes.

6: I am new to androids (smartphones period) and was wandering are the apps for androids compatible with all androids no matter the manufacturer of the phone? No. Even on the same manufacturer, you'll find that not all apps are compatible with all the phones in that manufacturer's line-up. Think of Android smartphones as computers. You won't exactly be trying to play Crysis on a computer with Intel integrated graphics (particular the older chipsets).

7: anyones general opinion on the avail (I know its the cheapest droid the have atm. I don't want to just be told to buy a more expensive one. I looking for answer from ppl that actually have had or do have one. and want to know their opinions on it. I don't have the Avail but I do have its predecessor, the LG Thrive. While the Thrive works well enough for basic tasks, it chokes on more processor-intensive applications (e.g. Netflix, games) and there is definitely noticeable lag when running slightly CPU-heavy apps.

See responses above in red.

prowler19762001 wrote:

1:if I pay up on time will the remaining minutes from the 25 a month plan rollover? No.

2: if paid up on time will the data left over from data pack rollover ? Yes.

3: and if data rolls over do I have to purchase same price plan each month (i.e.. I buy 500mb plan but only use 200mb if I buy a $5 plan '10mb I believe' will it still rollover my remaining data, then I can just refill a larger data plan when needed? No, you don't have to purchase the same plan each month. Any data package will do. Right now, I still haven't run through the $25/500MB package I bought a couple of months ago and have just been rolling over the balance using the $5/10MB package.

4: if I run out of data before the end of the month will phone still work for calls/texts? Yes.

5: I assume that unlimited texting means to any cell phone on any carrier within the U.S.? Yes.

6: I am new to androids (smartphones period) and was wandering are the apps for androids compatible with all androids no matter the manufacturer of the phone? No. Even on the same manufacturer, you'll find that not all apps are compatible with all the phones in that manufacturer's line-up. Think of Android smartphones as computers. You won't exactly be trying to play Crysis on a computer with Intel integrated graphics (particular the older chipsets).

7: anyones general opinion on the avail (I know its the cheapest droid the have atm. I don't want to just be told to buy a more expensive one. I looking for answer from ppl that actually have had or do have one. and want to know their opinions on it. I don't have the Avail but I do have its predecessor, the LG Thrive. While the Thrive works well enough for basic tasks, it chokes on more processor-intensive applications (e.g. Netflix, games) and there is definitely noticeable lag when running slightly CPU-heavy apps.

See responses above in red.

Re: Questions about prepaid droids

3 of 3 (191 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments