Question

Contributor

Question

I got gophone and I've used it like about a year but I stopped using it like about two months and now I have no service

can I reactivate my phone with my same number?

Message 1 of 3 (221 Views)
Master

Re: Question

houstondue wrote:

I got gophone and I've used it like about a year but I stopped using it like about two months and now I have no service

Did you refill your account periodically? Your service should not have expired in just two months...unless you just used a $15 prepaid refill card or another type of account credit - those only keep the account active for 30 days, I believe.

To answer the second part of your inquiry, no, you cannot re-activate your SIM card (which contains your phone number) with your phone. You will have to get a new SIM card with a new phone number, as SIM cards cannot be re-activated, unfortunately.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 2 of 3 (212 Views)
Highlighted
Master

Re: Question

houstondue wrote:

It depends.  What was the actual expiration date on your last refill?  If you are at least 60 days beyond that expiration date, then as Wild Banchi indicates, you won't be able to reactivate your existing line of service.  The account/phone number are gone for good. 

But if it's been less than 60 days since the actual expiration date of your last refill, you should be able to reactivate your service simply by adding a new refill to your existing account.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 3 of 3 (186 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.