Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 19, 2011
2:24:58 PM
View profile
Question.

Ok, since at&t has t-mobile..

can i put in a at&t sim card into a t-moblie phone without unlocking it? or you would still have to unlock it in order  to use it?

Ok, since at&t has t-mobile..

can i put in a at&t sim card into a t-moblie phone without unlocking it? or you would still have to unlock it in order  to use it?

Question.

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 19, 2011 2:30:16 PM
(0)
Employee

you would still have to unlock it.  at this time att has purchased but the sale is not final yet.  i dont think.  anyway, whether it is or it isnt, you would still have to unlock the phone.  it was originally a t mobile phone so it doesnt matter whether att took tmobile or not it wasnt made to work on the att network. 

you would still have to unlock it.  at this time att has purchased but the sale is not final yet.  i dont think.  anyway, whether it is or it isnt, you would still have to unlock the phone.  it was originally a t mobile phone so it doesnt matter whether att took tmobile or not it wasnt made to work on the att network. 

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Question.

2 of 3 (100 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 19, 2011 5:23:12 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

mlefae1 wrote:

Correct. An AT&T SIM card will not work in a T-Mobile phone without unlocking the phone first. Although AT&T and T-Mobile are alike in quite a few ways, they both have their differences in SIM card technology and such.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

mlefae1 wrote:

Correct. An AT&T SIM card will not work in a T-Mobile phone without unlocking the phone first. Although AT&T and T-Mobile are alike in quite a few ways, they both have their differences in SIM card technology and such.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Question.

3 of 3 (87 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments