Question.

Contributor

Question.

Ok, since at&t has t-mobile..

can i put in a at&t sim card into a t-moblie phone without unlocking it? or you would still have to unlock it in order  to use it?

Message 1 of 3 (106 Views)
Employee

Re: Question.

you would still have to unlock it.  at this time att has purchased but the sale is not final yet.  i dont think.  anyway, whether it is or it isnt, you would still have to unlock the phone.  it was originally a t mobile phone so it doesnt matter whether att took tmobile or not it wasnt made to work on the att network. 

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 3 (105 Views)
Highlighted
Master

Re: Question.

mlefae1 wrote:

you would still have to unlock it.  at this time att has purchased but the sale is not final yet.  i dont think.  anyway, whether it is or it isnt, you would still have to unlock the phone.  it was originally a t mobile phone so it doesnt matter whether att took tmobile or not it wasnt made to work on the att network. 

Correct. An AT&T SIM card will not work in a T-Mobile phone without unlocking the phone first. Although AT&T and T-Mobile are alike in quite a few ways, they both have their differences in SIM card technology and such.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 3 of 3 (92 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.