Question.

Contributor

Question.

Ok, since at&t has t-mobile..

can i put in a at&t sim card into a t-moblie phone without unlocking it? or you would still have to unlock it in order  to use it?

Message 1 of 3
Employee

Re: Question.

you would still have to unlock it.  at this time att has purchased but the sale is not final yet.  i dont think.  anyway, whether it is or it isnt, you would still have to unlock the phone.  it was originally a t mobile phone so it doesnt matter whether att took tmobile or not it wasnt made to work on the att network. 

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Master

Re: Question.

mlefae1 wrote:

you would still have to unlock it.  at this time att has purchased but the sale is not final yet.  i dont think.  anyway, whether it is or it isnt, you would still have to unlock the phone.  it was originally a t mobile phone so it doesnt matter whether att took tmobile or not it wasnt made to work on the att network. 

Correct. An AT&T SIM card will not work in a T-Mobile phone without unlocking the phone first. Although AT&T and T-Mobile are alike in quite a few ways, they both have their differences in SIM card technology and such.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support